1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

One of my wishes has been granted - we are linked with Nacer Chadli.

We are also linked with Mamaadou Sakho - would have to fork out £30m for him but personally would prefer him over Evans.

And finally Chelsea are linked with Mahrez - seems that their strategy is to sign our entire side.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't think Sakho will happen. He wants to play for a club in London apparently.

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

We are wasting time with Evans if Man City and Arsenal are going to drive the price up between them until one panics and pays stupid money (even by today's standards) and Sakho the same as Liverpool seem to not want him but want to reject already stupid bids. Guess they see the opportunity that a few clubs are apparently interested. Hopefully they bite their noses to spite the face so to speak and end up with no sale and an unhappy player.
    Surprised we don't seem more openly in for Smalling. I can only imagine behind the scenes the club have been informed he isn't interested in us and it's a no goer.
    Could be back in for Gibson as even if nobody else wants to come, it's preferable to the championship. Will cost a wack but age and potential definitely on his side.
    So when all is said and done, Wague on deadline day it is!!

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We were linked with a few Italian CBs earlier in the season - surprised we haven't gone for one of them.

Also I forgot about Smalling - will want a big wage though.

5. JohnTheFox

That could be the other factor with Smalling yeah, even if the transfer fee was more reasonable.
    Southampton signed a couple of players linked with is, Lemina the midfielder from Juve and one of the defenders I think you're speaking about, Hoedt from Lazio. We shouldn't judge as we don't know what goes on inside the club but it certainly seems frustrating

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I used to think we did... but do we? Simpson is very much 1st choice - and deservedly so - but I think Amartey is good enough as a cover

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Simpson is first choice because there isn't any competition - genuinely the only other proper RB at the club is a 17yo.

Amartey is good enough when compared to Simpson - all defense and no attack. Look at the synergy between Fuchs and Albrighton - we are solely dependant on Mahrez doing all the work without any support on the right and if he leaves, we don't have anyone that can do that.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Ben Osborn from Forest but they want £10m for him.

We have made an official enquiry for Sakho and been told £30m same as everyone else.

Palace were interested in a swap deal involving Gray from Townsend and we told them to bugger off - is notable that they are willing to let Townsend go.

No one that wants Slimani can afford him so he will likely stay.

Man Utd are linked with Mahrez because why not.

Hull are confident on signing Musa on loan.

Mendy only seems to wants to go to clubs that don't want him.

9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Smalling or Sakho would be ideal imo, the right age to balance Maguire. Think having Maguire and Gibson is too much of a risk and won't help their development.

Not too keen on Townsend seeming hes not really settled at any club really since leaving Spuds.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Jorden Graham from Wolves and apparently are going to make another bid for Sheffield Wednesday youngster George Hirst.

11. JohnTheFox

Would take both of them, and Osborn from your previous post. Kind of players I like

12. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rumours coming out this evening that Mahrez has left the Algerian training camp to complete a transfer to his new club.....possibly Barca.
    Tomorrow will be an interesting day and quite possibly end with many Leicester fans in dispair

13. JohnTheFox

What news for people to wake up to. I'm in Hawaii atm so have seen it straight away but I can imagine there'll be many gutted people waking up to this news.
    Could be a horrific deadline day, Drinkwater and Mahrez to go, possibly more (Gray maybe, we better not let Vardy go) and no solid news of anyone decent coming in. If all this plays out as it seems like it wil and there's no surprises (whether we keep the guys or sign anyone from out the blue) I think we are ****ed quite honestly

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are very likely to lose Mahrez and Drinkwater and are only linked with kids from the Championship as replacements as West Brom have signed Krychowiak.

We aren't linked with any RB even though we only have one senior one and tbh he isn't very good.

On the plus side it looks like the club getting Mahrez is Barcelona which is good for the lad, Maguire looks half decent and Vardy looks to be staying **touch wood**

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have apparently had 2 bids of around £20m rejected for Callum Chambers.

Is more who we should be aiming for but on transfer deadline day?

16. LeicesterWizard

Apparently we turned down £25m for Gray, probably would have taken that if Mahrez was less uncertain.

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Doubt it - we don't have any other left wingers aside from Albrighton.

We are back for Adrien Silva again - £22m apparently is the magic number.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Solomon Kvirkvelia from Lokomotiv Moscow - a 6'5 CB in the mold of Wasyl.

We are also linked with Jozo Simunovic a CB from Celtic.

Barcelona apparently aren't the club that Mahrez is negotiating with - most likely it is Chelsea.

19. LeicesterWizard

If thats true, it would be stupid not to do it! Not many quality players about for less than £30m.

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Red Bull CM Valon Berisha - I remember him for Football Manager 2014 where he was class for my Leicester City team.