1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Or it would show that Alderweireld is staying and we don't do loans unless there is an option to buy, which Ceballos apparently doesn't have beyond his extortionate release clause.

But yes, you are still a huge name in world football and your wage ceiling is still significantly higher than ours.

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

<laugh> How did I know you would take issue with what I'd said? Don't worry CK, It's all part of the rivalry mate <ok> Plus, we've not had much joy the last few years, so if we can beat you to a few players (regardless of the circumstances), it'd give us some (temporary) satisfaction.

RE: Ceballos - yeah that's probably true. In fairness, I did say on your board that his primary target is to get game time and he is more likely to get that with us than with you guys. I think we've also agreed to pay his wages for the year, too.

RE: Alderweireld - the whole situation doesn't make sense to me. Why the hell are/were Roma the only club interested in him? And they only wanted to pay half the price, right? But why was he considering going there? He'd be playing in an inferior league, for an inferior team and he'd be playing Europa League football.

I'm really surprised no other top club has tried to go for him, especially for £25m. My only guess is age + injuries has been a deterrent.

What do you want to happen if he doesn't extend with you? Sell him or let him go for free?

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  3. Citizen Kane.

<laugh> Oh yes I took the bait.

The Ceballos thing seemed weird from the start as Poch just simply doesn't 'do' loan deals. In 5 years he hasn't loaned in a single player, so without that option to buy included there was no way we'd go for him.

RE Alderweireld we're just as confused as anyone tbh. The Roma thing was bizarre for so many reasons, all of which you've highlighted. But the reality is he's one of the best defenders in the PL, is only 29 years old and still has at least 2 years in the tank at his current level. In today's market £25m apparently gets you Tyrone Mings; a player who isn't that much younger than Toby and has one good season in the Championship under his belt. Wage demands are likely a problem and were without doubt one of the reasons Roma turned up with a copy of the bestselling pamphlet 'The Woolwich Guide to Derisory Bids' before Levy laughed that Baldini bellend out of the board room. United are desperate for decent CB's and were strongly linked with him last summer for twice the price. They could easily afford his wages yet OGS in his single-minded determination not to sign a single player over the age of Paul Pogba seems hell bent on making Slabhead the first £100m defender. It's baffling. £25m is pocket money to them.

If Toby doesn't extend most fans would be happy to keep him for another year and lose him on a free next summer - he's honestly that good and without sounding like a tosser £25m in the PL isn't really enough money to lose your mind over. £50-60m for Eriksen on the other hand is a significant amount and there is a real worry here that he won't find a suitor and also won't sign a new contract. Losing him on a free next year would be catastrophic.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good to see Eddie Nketiah scoring the winner against Bayern last night. Hoping to see the lad get some games this season, he reminds me a bit of a very young Ian Wright. If he turns out to be anything like him then we've got an absolute baller on our hands.

5. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Shoutout to Tyreece John-Jules and Joe Willock too, who have also impressed this pre-season.

PINKIE likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Saka deserves a shout too. Good to see Nelson getting some game time last night too. Looking forward to seeing these lads in the league and FA cup this season, and hopefully some PL action too.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  7. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

I'll take that.
    Brewster to get more goals in all comps?

organic red likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Who the **** is Brewster ? <laugh>

9. Sucky

Take the bet and you'll find out when he scores more than whoever the **** you said<laugh>

Citizen Kane. likes this.
  10. Citizen Kane.

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Poor bet, in my opinion. The Arsenal lad is more likely to get games and he's higher up the pecking order.

Sucky likes this.
  12. Sucky

No reason for @PISKIE to not take it then.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nketiah: England U21, scored twice in four games, already made 20 senior appearances and has scored four goals:
    Brewster: England U18, no goals in one appearance, but 20 in 23 for the U17s. No senior appearances in any competitions.

There's about a year in it in age, but I think there's a clear favourite between the two Londoners.
    When you include the Europa League as a factor, then I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't the Goon.

Sucky likes this.
  14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What's this bru, Nketiah v Brewster ?

Dunno who the **** Brewster is but yeah I'll take the bet.

Sucky likes this.
  15. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

One of our youngsters, very promising forward. You'll be seeing more of him this season.

16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It's not a great kit compared to our two beauties this Season.

17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

On the plus side..

Rob Holding has returned to full training more than a month ahead of schedule. #holdini

If Saliba is on loan for the year we desperately need Holding back. I reeaally dont wanna see Mustafi starting any big games for us this term.

18. Sucky

Get it in the bets Fred fella.

19. Sucky

Pfa young player of the year next year bro:bandit:

PISKIE has right ****ed up ere<laugh>

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

please log in to view this image

Sucky likes this.