1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Carrasco is a quality player. If it was a straight choice between him an Perisic, although the latter is still a top quality player. I'd take Carrasco.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Yeah - does seem very pricey based on his age.

However I will say Perisic is very much an Emery style player. He will press, he will tackle, he's got a bit of needle about him.

3. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Yes please to Carrasco (I only watched him on youtube thou :))

TheBear likes this.
  4. TheBear

Looking like Suarez for sure. (He's in London)

.. and Carrasco rather than Perisic. Both loans with an option to buy. I like both these signings as they are both players with top class ability - neither of whome have really performed to their potential. If one or both players doesn't perform its fine - we dont have to sign them permantely. But this gives both guys the oppurtunity to make a name for themselves in the EPL at a big club.

Shame we didnt make a move for a CB as well. (crazy really)

5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Suarez is done. Am indifferent as I don't really think he will add much more than Ramsey will so not really sure of the point of the signing when there are more urgent areas that need to be addressed.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Let's hope we can get the Carrasco one over the line too <ok>

BrunelGooner and TheBear like this.
  7. TheBear

Ornstein saying that Christopher Nkunku still wants to move to Arsenal and a deal might happen before the deadline. I remember reading about him a couple of years back, was being taunted as the next Verrati. (although he's more attacking)

Would be a good one - very talented young player.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would be great if we can get him. Looks like the Carrasco and perisic deals are off though.

9. TheBear

Yeah it's embaressing, clubs like Newcastle and Wolves bringing in £20+ million quid signings while we are having to look for loan deals.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The self sustaining model has been a massive failure.

11. TheBear

It could have worked well though but a bloated squad and the inability to tie players down to contracts have costs us alot of money.

Liverpool have been abale to spend more than ourselves by keeping their net expenditure and wages lower.

12. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

hate to say it but its looking like Liverpool are the role model we need to follow. 5 seasons or so ago they were in our position - not making top 4, best players leaving, no chance at title, and this year its looking like they might just win it.

That is what happens when you have the proper appointments in place, when you make good financial decisions, when you actually INVEST wisely in your squad, and when your owner actually has a direction for your club.

13. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

They also got very fortunate in buying £23m player in 2010 and selling for £65m in 2014 and then even more fortunate in buying a very average £8.5m player in 2012, turning him very good and then selling him at just the time Barca had a Neymar-sized desperation fee burning their pockets to want to buy that player for £140m in 2017. That's the reason they're now good. £170m out of nowhere that they could reinvest without even taking into account just spending their own money. They also have Klopp and I can't see Emery being as good as him at the moment, not even close. And we don't have any playing personnel even remotely marketable enough to just create £170m of spare profit from out of the air from to improve our squad. Liverpool don't necessarily represent a 'good' model... well certainly not one that any club can look at and think 'great let's do that'. They just got lucky making a **** ton of profit from PSG spending an absurd amount on Neymar that meant they could buy Alisson, Van Dijk, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri.

PINKIE likes this.
  14. white_gunner

one thing I will say is if we had £170m, I still dont think we would have spent £75m on Van Dijk. We would probably pocket half the money, then try and buy 3 bargain players from Serie A or something.

While they did get a ton of money, they seemed to have reinvested it wisely. I mean just last January they lost their (arguably) best player, and the way they have reinvested has made them even better.

TheBear likes this.
  15. white_gunner

I actually think Nelson and Smith-Rowe are key pieces to the way forward now for us.

Hopefully Emery can integrate them directly into the first team for next season, I think both have great potential, and could be a great alternative to spending a lot of money.

16. TheBear

Yep and Rob Holding too. I think he showed this Season he has the potential to be a Top class defender. Also Guendouzi at just 19 is going to be getting better year on year - the kid has massive potential.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. TheBear

Arsenal are working on signing Rabiot [Ornstein]. - BBC Sport

18. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Did you hear Ornstein in the podcast with Arseblog?

He said although we are interested in signing him, wages + terms could be a big stumbling block. There are also bigger clubs interested in him.

Would be a stunning signing if we can pull it off, but won't be easy for sure. CL football income would help massively, though.

19. TheBear

There are no bigger clubs mate.:emoticon-0105-wink:

Yeah I think a Guendouzi/Torreira/Rabiot midfield could be ****ing awesome.

Ornstein also mentioned James Rodriguez so its nice to see we are looking at some TOP quality creative players.

I just hope we can land at least one 'World class' defender as well as any offensive targets they have planned.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That would be a class midfield <ok>