1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

With Lacazette and Aubamayang both playing well - we need to stick with this 4-3-1-2 formation.

Ramsey is going in the Summer, Ozil may be on his way out also. For this reason a TOP class AMF will probably be the priority.

I like the James Rodriguez rumours. Ozil to Bayern.

-------------------------------Leno--------------------------------
    Bellerin-------Sokratis-----------DeLigt---------Kolasinac
    -----------Guendouzi----Torreira----Xhaka------------------
    -----------------------------James--------------------------------
    -------------Lacazette-------------Aubameyang-------------

Bench: Suarez, Holding, Monreal, R.Nelson, Wellbeck, NewGK.
    Mkhitarian, Mustafi

I think that's fairly realistic Out with Ozil, Elneny, Cech, Jenkinson & Ramsey in with DeLigt, James and Suarez.

Suarez is an inexpensive option and can cover the wing and AMF positions. It also looks like he will be joining this January (deal is apparently immenent) - I wonder if Emery employs him in the no.10 behind Aubameyang and Laca this Season.

Would this work?..

-----------Guendouzi----Torreira----Xhaka------------------
    -----------------------------Suarez--------------------------------
    -------------Lacazette-------------Aubameyang-------------

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Where’s Koscielny

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Sold hopefully.

He's been a great servant to the club, but he's getting on a bit and we need to look at replacing him.

Whilst he played well against Chelsea, he also didn't have lots of danger to snuff out as Chelsea's attack was pretty damn blunt.

I don't want to go overboard about his performance yesterday. Because I'm not convinced that it's the start of Koscielny being reborn. Especially at the age of 33 and with his injury woes.

Quilllogic likes this.
  4. TheBear

True. He could still make the squad.

I guess we will find out in the coming months if he can reach his old standards. He looked alot better against Chelsea.

Koscielny at his best was a great payer but when you think about it it took him 2-3 Seasons to start playing well for Arsenal and he hasnt actually played conistently well for us since 2016/17. Basically 5-6 of the 9 years he's been at the club - he's actualy been fairly average. (not meant to be a slight on Kos just a realistic assessment)

He's not the youngest and has had multiple injury problems but I would really like to see him get back to his best form.

5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Apparently the Suarez deal is off. Talks have collapsed.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Not having that.

Koscielnly has been one of our best CB's since the Adams, Keown, Campbell era. He's always been a solid performer. Also at 33 he could have given up after that achilles injury, but he's fought his way back. The bloke deserves credit and still has a big role to play at arsenal.

straycat_67 likes this.
  7. TheBear

Saying he's been one of our best Cb's since Campbell etc.. is'nt saying that much. During that time we've had Djourou, Squillaci, Silvestre, Senderos, Chambers, Gabriel.. a who's who of mediocre players. Mertesacker and Koscielny were probably the best of the post 2007 Arsenal.

Koscielny was very inconsistent for his first 2-3 Seasons at Arsenal - he was too lightweight and had come from a far weaker league. (dont you remember all the consistent complaining about him on the forums?) Let's be honest we hav'nt seen the best of Koscielny for almost 3 Seasons as of 2019 - That's well over half his Arsenal career he has been fairly average.

I give him credit at his best he is TOP class but for me as an actual defender - he doesnt sit up there alongside guys like Adams and Campbell and to be fair the stats show that as well.

Lets be clear I am a Koscielny fan but I think he was a player who become top class through hard work, he certainly was'nt that when he first arrived at Arsenal and injuries have blighted the latter part of his career.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Well after the latest round of rumours saying we are going after Christopher Nkuku, looks like I was right - we are back to bargain shopping from now on.

Can’t say it’s all bad, torreira and guendouzi have been impressive signings IMO, and I think our “self sustaining” mode just can’t compete with the rich clubs.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

10. white_gunner

35/40m for a 29 year old?

another aging player for the squad?

I feel very mixed about this.

Sigh if only we could shop between the range of 21-29 instead of the radical of either end.

11. white_gunner

Just checked...

He turns 30 next week.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He’s world class mate. I’d rate him up there with Luka Modric (different type of player obviously) and he’s still at the top of his game and he’ll be 35 this year.

13. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

When was the last time you watched him play a game of football? I haven't since the WC but that story says he's in **** form and is why inter don't care about getting rid of him.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What story says he’s in **** form ?

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

The BBC one you linked. But you know that. And you'll no doubt counter with pedantics about how it doesn't literally say ****. But regardless... world class players don't move out on loan in January from clubs who don't want them anymore. And he's not as good as Modric. Which is why Modric is a starter and potentially best player for Real and Perisic isn't wanted by a mediocre Italian club. Still I'd take him for six months for what he offers and could potentially give us, but turn in a permanent £35m deal for a 30 year old when we have an aging and pointless Mkhitaryan already wasting wages and a cheaper and potentially quality Reiss Nelson coming back.

"However, the player's performances have dipped since starring in Croatia's run to the World Cup final, leaving Inter to conclude they may be better cashing in."

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Wow, calm down. I was just asking where it said he was in **** form. I didn't see that bit you highlighted as I just skimmed in on my phone, but you're right, it doesn't say he is in **** form.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Looks like the Denis Suarez deal is on :

Posted at 14:4414:44
    Denis Suarez to Arsenal back on?
    #bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)

upload_2019-1-29_14-59-33.gif
    Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
    Well, would you believe it (re. entry at 10:14 GMT) it appears the Denis Suarezmove to Arsenal is BACK ON!!!

After appearing to be dead in the water earlier today, reports from Spain now suggest Suarez is set to sign a contract extension at Barca to protect his market value.

Then the 25-year-old midfielder is expected to agree a six-month loan move to the Emirates, with the Gunners offered the opportunity to buy him once it expires.

Thoughts, Arsenal fans?

And the Ivan Perisic deal is still on the table too:

Arsenal to make fresh Perisic bid
    According to La Gazzetta dello Sport reporter Nicolo Schira, Arsenal will make another bid to sign Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic today.

While the Italian club are willing to let Perisic leave on loan, they want to agree an 'obligation' for Arsenal to then buy the Croatian, rather than just have the 'option' to buy him

Ivan #Perisic today has reiterated the desire to leave #Inter, but #Arsenal's offer is considered insufficient by #Marotta. Inter wants a permanent deal o obligation to buy after a loan. Not a loan with option to buy. Tomorrow will arrive a new bid from #Gunners. #transfers #AFC

TheBear likes this.
  18. TheBear

Sounds good to be honest. Needed some more creativity in the side. Shame we couldnt get another CB in. Personally would have taken Cahill on loan.

Be interesting to see how we line up with those two in the side.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Looks like the Suarez deal is almost over the line <ok>

Latest on Suarez to Arsenal
    please log in to view this image

David Ornstein

BBC Sport

As widely reported, Arsenal close to completing deal for Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez. Not signed yet but 25-year-old to join on loan and option to buy (reports he’ll also extend Barcelona contract to protect value).

Won’t be at Cardiff City game. Arsenal continue winger hunt, no plans for defender.

20. white_gunner

the suarez signing is a no brainer - he is on loan and if he does well we sign him for a (what is considered today) low transfer fee in the summer, and if hes awful, he goes back to barcelona.

The Perisic thing, I still dont quite understand. I simply would not want to spend 35 - 40m on a player who is 30. Especially in a position based on pace, where age greatly reduces your impact.

Im much more interested in the Carrasco rumours, which are starting up again.

Also there is a rumour we want to hijack Leicester's Tielemans move from monaco, which I also wouldnt mind happening.