1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Akpom on loan to Belgian side STVV

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Although I wanted a defender, that would be one too many changes in the Jan transfer window. It's best to do it in summer when we have more time to get the players together.

3. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Why did we sell him anyway?
    Surely he was far more useful to us than Iwobi who Wenger wants to play every sodding game.
    Wenger sure does weird things in the way he treats players (Lucas Perez).
    Giroud scored vital goals but Iwobi doesn't score, in fact I don't really know what he does that is so attractive to Wenger.
    I understand Giroud wanting a lot more game time and hopefully he will get it at Chelsea, we'll see.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We did get Mavropanas in, although he's totally untested at the moment. We'll probably have to do some defensive signings in the summer. Hopefully Manolas at CB and a holding midfielder too.

5. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Watching the Spurs vs United game. A bit loose lose situation. I want United and Alexis to loose. But dont want spurs to win because realistically we are fighting about a POTENTIAL 4th spot against them rather than united.

6. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

I am glad we have signed our FORWARD players this window. I think it is easier to attract defensive players to a team despite not being in CL.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think it's going to be really tough to get that top 4 spot now. Both Liverpool and the Spuds look like they are going to battle it out for 4th, so I think we should be aiming to consolidate our season for a Europa place either by getting 5th or winning the EFL. If we can win the Europa league and get a CL spot, that would be amazing.

Then in the summer, we need to add a CB and DM and hopefully a creative attacking mid to replace Cazorla. Then we can really start afresh for next season.

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Genuinely confused as to why you sold Giroud and swapped Sanchez. You are very unlikely to get top 4 do will have win the Europa league yo get CL football but you sold 2 strikers and bought one... who happend to be cup tied so can not play in the EL.
    You also strengthened 2 rivals.

9. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

By rivals, I presume you mean Chelsea and Everton....

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sanchez was gone anyway, so we made the best of that situation getting Mkhitaryan. Would have prefered we kept Giroud, but he was a domino in the Aubameyang deal, and wasn't getting many games at Arsenal anyway. He's a very good back up that we'll miss. But hopefully with Aubameyang we won't miss him THAT much, as apart from everything else he'll bring, he's also 6'2" and good in the air.

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Meh. Two of the best other teams in the europey have lost arguably their best players this window. Athletico still a danger though.

12. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Well the board are finally addressing one of our biggest issues. Squad size. I would assume this is Minislats/Sanllehi's doing.

We have shipped out Debuchy, Akpom, Walcott, Chamberlain, Gabriel, Sanogo, Szezney, Gibbs, Coquelin, Giroud, Sanchez among others in the last few months.

Last Season we had over 30 players in our first team - right now its down to 22. They are clearly making way for more signings.

13. lazarus20000

What about the BIG ONE?

14. TheBear

You mean Wenger?

I would imagine he will see out his contract but it seems Sanllehi will have alot of control over the squad from now on in.

15. lazarus20000

Yep Wenger the big fish. Will Wenger fight him in the summer on areas that should be strengthened, like bringing in a strong CB, DM and CM or will he ask for his usual types? A new manager would be easier to work with than an old war horse like Wenger.

16. TheBear

Sanllehis job for the next 18 months or so will will be all about smoothing the transition for a post Wenger Arsenal. He will help appoint the next manager and will over see all transfer acvitity.

I'm sure Wenger will still get to choose where he wants to strengthen and will pick his preferences when it comes to players. Or perhaps with only a year left to run those decision will be left to Minislat. Interesting times for sure.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  17. TheBear

Seeing as you work for Adidas.

Can you confirm or deny the rumours that Arsenal are set to switch to Adidas from 2019?

Hope its true - not a big fan of Puma and Adidas have made some of my favourite kits over the years.

Here's a dodgy hand made fan concept.
    DVMi9iCXcAccD_S.png

Attached Files:

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I have heard that there are talks happening.
    But I don't think a deal has been struck yet.

19. TheBear

Interesting... Cheers<ok>

Off topic but I once got drunk with Megan Fox. True Story. ... although I just realised your avatar is'nt Megan Fox. So I'll shut up.<laugh>

20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As I said. However many world class personnel we buy, it won't make a bit of difference. We are still trained ineffectively. We have **** tactics. We're one of the weakest teams mentally in the league. We also have a **** central midfield.

Buying class players to sort out the defence and midfield will solve the final problem only. We could buy all the players we can afford but we will still capitulate and put on **** show performances.

Auba and Mkhi will clearly be quality. But christ they need a proper manager asap as until they do we're going to remain an embarrassment that most top players want to leave not long after they join and realise what a knob jockey they're taking orders from.