1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer ins and outs

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Jun 4, 2023.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Outs for me -
    Bailly, Jones, Maguire, Telles, Williams (reluctantly), Van de Beek, McTominay, Greenwood and Martial. If we can't pull in more than £150m from nine sales then we're ****ed already. If we manage that and more, we can look for ward to a decent window.

Ins -
    Kane, Rice/Mount (reluctantly) Kim Min-jae and new keeper.

Sorted

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if you get 150m for those players though having said that the transfer market these days just strikes me as totally out of control and pretty irresponsible .

3. glazerfodder

Bailly £15m
    Jones £2.75p
    Maguire £45m
    Telles £25m
    Williams £25m
    Van de Beek £35m
    McTominay £25m
    Greenwood £40m
    Martial £35m

Reasonable fees IMHO

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

cannot see any English club giving you anything for Greenwood and most of Europe are skint plus they know you want rid so cannot see any more than £10m personally .
    Bailly injury record means anyone who takes a chance on him will want to be paying pennies
    Telles i know nowt about
    McTominay and Maguire seem reasonable in fact you may do slightly better due to HG "tax"
    anyone who pays £35m for VDB needs locking up for their own good .
    Martial if you get £35m you will have done well

as for VDB anyone who pays £35m for him needs locking up for their own good .<laugh>

though i have to reiterate i'm constantly amazed at the sums clubs are chucking around on very average players .

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We sold Dan James for £25m so I'd use that as a barometer for sale price on our British players and he hardly got a game for us after buying him from Swansea.

So McTominay and Maguire will be well above that. Williams who I think has more potential than McTominay will probably be lowere, around the £20m+ mark.

Greenwood has 2 years remaining on his contract.

If we cannot terminate his contract then he will be sold abroad. I think it will likely be a loan deal e.g. £10m with an option to buy at the end.

6. glazerfodder

I did read somewhere that Juve were keen on buying him.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Any European team that takes him on loan will definitely go on to buy him.

He may be a lowlife human being but he's a top prospect and will be an absolute bargain for any European club.

Personally I don't care as long as we get him off the books, but I don't see why we won't get a decent fee for him after a loan spell even with a year left on his contract at the end, because any club who's had him for a year won't want to lose him. And everyone else in Europe will be watching him and they'll be in for him if the loan club isn't.

Diego likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Btw shame Napoli isn't. Could make a nice bargaining chip for Osimhen <whistle>

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. glazerfodder

Slightly off topic - De Gea earns £1.4 million a month, he has married a very talented and popular singer and they chose to hold the wedding in menorca, an island paradise in the med. They could have had their pick of any of the magnificent settings that we have - castles, private beach clubs, stunning private islands to stage their wedding - but no. De Gea chose to get married in a disused quarry....... but at least he and his missus posed for some unforgettable photos.. What a setting, what a plonker. As a footnote, of all his clubmates past and present, Juan Mata was the only face from the club. ddg.jpg

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ever thought it might have some special meaning for them?