1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is in the Portuguese gossip columns so not really reliable at all but is a new rumour which is why I posted it - more likely he is actually linked with Wolves as his agent Jorge Mendez has a "business relationship" with them but the newspaper put our name down as we are the more famous midlands club ;)

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...886514/el-futuro-incierto-de-andre-silva.html

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Wolves more likely for him I agree, would be a coup though! Get the ‘wonderkids’ through the door!

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Looks like Rodgers is going to be really hands on with transfers and will be more active in transfers then our bosses have been before https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ndan-rodgers-outlines-leicester-citys-2775750

When Pearson was here, he pretty much left transfers in the hands of Steve Walsh and made the position of Head of Recruitment for him, and we continued with that model. We were at the forefront of using statistical analysis to scout players and but have faltered the last couple of seasons as other clubs have poached our key staff and we ended up getting the likes of Slimani who wasn't a fit for us at all.

Will be interesting if we will be appointing a head of recruitment if this is the case or if we do, what his/her role actually will be.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Riyad Mahrez on the bench again for City. He doesnt even get rotated any more

I wonder if he regrets forcing the move through now?

5. JohnTheFox

He played in the champions league first leg v Spurs and got scapegoated for their loss. Really unpopular with their fans. Think we are better as a team without him anyway

6. Proud Fox

We have lost the player capable of doing something out of nothing. I wouldnt say we are a better team. Just have better balance through buying Maddison and Ricardo plus Tielemans

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Papy Mendy is linked with Galatasaray - feel sorry for the lad as he was more highly rated then Kante when we first were linked with the pair but never reached anywhere close to Kante's level with us after his injury on his debut.

Would hopefully mean that we are close to signing Tielemans, the rumours surrounding Ndidi are false and a promotion for Choudhury to second choice DM.

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

To be fair, he is about to win the league....

9. leicester_ed

Plus Man City are a bit wierd with their signings. Both Bernardo Silva and Laporte hardly played after signing last year. Both are unstoppable a year later...

10. Proud Fox

Long way to go yet

Yes he has played his part for them but still why would you rather be a bit part player there? I would rather play every week.

But different things motivate different people

11. Proud Fox

Brendan Rodgers has said in the summer he wants a midfielder with a different profile

I imagine he wants a defensive midfielder who can pass like he had Joe Allen doing at Swansea at Liverpool.

Wilf is class off the ball but not good enough on it but going to be hard and expensive finding someone as good as Ndidi who can always pass and create.

So I think we will see Mendy move on and possibly Choudhury out on loan if we bring in another defensive midfielder

Whats Cambiasso upto?

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We were linked with Joe Allen but those rumours have faded away in the past few months - his experience would be ideal as we have a young team.

The only DM that we are currently linked to is John McGinn -no clue if he is that kind of player though.

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

It would be another premier league title on his resume which he wouldn't have got here, only really "earned" one of them though.

May even cost Man City the title with that penalty miss earlier in the season.

I don't know, what a force it would be to have him being doubled up on, giving Maddison and Tielemans even more space to create chances or even ghosting into the box getting on the end of Mahrez's creativity, teams certainly aren't worried about who we have out wide at the moment.

14. JohnTheFox

To be clear I meant playing as a team and the collective. Clearly he is a more talented player than who we have playing on that wing atm but Simpson allowed Mahrez to show his best going forwards. Would we cope down the right with such an attacking RB in Ricardo and a winger in Mahrez who wasn’t at his best tracking back..Easier said than done to get the best of both for a club of our level but Bowen from Hull for example, I won’t say I’ve seen him loads but clearly got it going forwards and if playing for Hull has enabled caused him to build a good work ethic up and down, he could compliment Ricardo well

15. leicester_ed

16. leicester_ed

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Can play on the wing but his best position is as a #10 so replacement for Okazaki/competition for Maddison?

19yo CB Jamie Fielding and 18yo CM Adam Lovatt are both rumoured to be joining us after impressing on trial from Hastings FC.

We are linked with 23yo Italian striker Andrea Petagna from Atalanta - is currently doing well on loan at SPAL.

18. Proud Fox

L’Équipe report this morning that AS Monaco decision-makers are leaning towards allowing Youri Tielemans to join Leicester City permanently, where he is elated with life, with manager Leonardo Jardim wanting to bring Adrien Silva in full-time the other way, despite the Portuguese midfielder’s hefty salary.

19. leicester_ed

Ideal

20. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Was Tielemans not on a similar amount at Monaco though? I thought he was one of their better paid players.