1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Victor Camarasa from Real Betis who is currently on loan at Cardiff.

Olympiacos are linked with Slimani - they have bugger all money so looks like they will be after a loan.

Bartosz Kapustka has buggered up his anterior cruciate ligament and looks to be out for a good number of months - apparently has been half decent albeit in the Belgian second division and a few clubs have been monitoring him.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Manchester United are the latest team to show an interest in Leicester's Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans, 21, who is on loan from Monaco. (HLN, via Leicester Mercury)

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If he does go to them then Perrera will surely leave - not much of a positive but better then none at all I suppose.

Can't rememeber if I mentioned him before but he does ring a bell - we are linked with 19yo Macedonian CM Elif Elmas from Fenabache although they might play hardball given how we treated them over Slimani.

We do seem to be linked with a lot of young players and another one is 21yo Welsh winger Daniel James from Swansea - is already being labelled the next Gareth Bale but then so is every other Welsh winger who can cross a ball without falling over.

We are also linked with 18yo CM Noah Chilvers who is just breaking into the senior Colchester United side - we don't seem to have any CMs in the reserves pushing for a senior spot so might be worth a shot.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

5. Proud Fox

Youri Tielemans on Brendan Rodgers and Claude Puel

He is a really open-minded manager, you can talk to him, whatever question you may have, you can ask him," Tielemans says.

"And that is really positive for us because a lot of players were confused about what was going on.

"And everything is clear now, he wants to play offensive and attacking, but you do not have to forget about the defensive part, and everybody is doing his job and we are progressing as a team."

**** me Puel was ****. Mendy couldnt understand him so what chances does anyone else have?

Foxy in Foyle and stevefox like this.
  6. Proud Fox

On Tielemans. Im abit doubtful that we will sign him which is a shame but in his interview today he sounds he loves it here. Really hope the club pull this one off. Tielemans has been the key to us beating the lower sides recently. He can cut teams open with passes that no one else we have can do

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

If we can get him in i think it will be a good indicator to how much the squad buy in to BRs vision for next season, may also persuade others to stay.

8. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also shows signs of the clubs intent. All the noises coming out from the player and the manager are positive. There's a lot of expenditure coming up with the training ground and possible stadium extension but these are paid for from other income streams or loans so for the playing squad it would be great. There seems to be this feelgood vibe and togetherness from all our young players so why wouldn't he join and why couldn't they be as good as some bunch from 92.

9. Proud Fox

Heres some of Tielemans quotes

“At Leicester, I can be part of something great. They will have a new training ground, the stadium will be much better than it is now with more fans coming over.

"So it can be something great for the future."

“The style of play we play here suits me best," he says. "I can play free here and thinking about the offensive play when we have the ball, and when I do not have the ball, I try to manage the team and organise the defensive part”

With things set so perfectly for him here and with a top manager like Brendan hopefully he sees it as 2-3 years here would do his career wonders. He has plenty of time to get his big move as he will only be 23/24 then

Dont sit on someones bench when you can be the main man here. He will score goals and create loads for players around him

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Besiktas have been told they can have Soyunku on loan next season if they get into the Champions League.

Interestingly Rodgers is open for Celtic to have Benkovic for another season as well - could mean that Maguire is staying and/or we are bringing in senior CBs like Boyata maybe?

11. Proud Fox

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Brendan has been waxing lyrical about Aston Kucher's performance ... despite giving the pen away <whistle>

13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Just seeing the highlights of Brum v Leeds, Che Adams looks unplayable, great goal and carrying the side. Leicester lad, good age well off his prime yet, would love him to be the second signing in the door (after Tielemans of course)

Proud Fox likes this.
  14. Proud Fox

I would go after both along with a winger and full back

15. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I like Gray and Barnes but a top class winger is all we are missing from the starting 11 (if we count Tielemans as included). Adams is like a young Vardy and would add strength in depth there (still hope Nacho will come good) but Okazaki will leave and it looks like Slimani is done. There’s some good young strikers at the top end of the championship scoring charts, Abraham as well. Adams would be more attainable.
    I’m not sure about full backs, I like the look of Norwich’s but they will be coming up. I would look at the championship again though

16. Proud Fox

I cant see us buying a right back. Ricardo and Amartey have that covered.

All we need is to replace Fuchs, sign Tielemans, winger or 2 if we can get rid of Ghezzal and a striker.

I like the look of Che Adams

Winger needs to have quality. Dont want any winger like we did last year.

If we get Europa we may need another midfielder. Get rid of James and keep King as a squad player

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with 24yo Brazilian CB Bruno Viana from Braga - is apparently is having a really good season in Portugal.

Slimani is desperate to join Sporting but not so desperate that he is willing to drop his wages - we could be stuck with him for a while longer.

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are set to sign 19yo CB Jamie Fielding from Hasting United - the last signing from a non league side was half decent.

Arsenal are rumoured to be willing to drop stupid money on us for Maddison - will have to be really stupid to get us to not reject it out of hand.

19. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

A number of stories, admittedly in the low end tabloids, linking us with Sturridge.
    No surprise, he's out of contract and we'll be linked with pretty much anyone who's played under Brendan no doubt.

20. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

IF he can stay fit and give 100% when he plays then yes please, but his injury record says a no from me. He'd be on big wages being free and we would end up paying him to lie on the Physio's bench half the time. Like you say, low end tabloids trying to fill column inches.