1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Substitution policy

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Normanbitmyleg70, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Being a team manager myself I can sympathise with our somewhat delusional manager when it comes to making substitutions. Even at Senior Vets level all my players are keen to get some match time on a Sunday morning and so I work on a rotation basis with intricate planning during the week leading up to the game on a Sunday. To help me appease those that turn up I utilise my Team Selection spreadsheet as shown below which maps out precisely when substitutions are going to be made and who will be replacing who on the pitch. Not only does this smooth the process of making substitutions and keeps most players happy it allows me to focus on my game. Of course this is just a plan but at least I make use of my substitutes unlike a certain OAP at Elland Road.

For a small fee I am quite willing to make this tool available to NW and give him some coaching in how to use Excel and apply the principles of rotational substitutions as it has got to be better than how he currently employs those players sitting on the bench and I'm sure they would prefer to play 60 minutes rather than 5 minutes.:emoticon-0100-smile

13 February 2013
    Starting 30 mins Half-time 60 mins

Gary Gary Gary Gary

Mick Colesy Steve B Pat Mick Colesy Steve B Chris B Mick Colesy Steve B Chris B Mick Colesy Pat Chris B

Mehmet Sini Shoey Rob Mehmet Sini Rob Gruffalo Mehmet Sini Rob Rog Mehmet Shoey Rob Rog

Compo Andy Compo Andy Gruffalo Andy Gruffalo Compo

Subs: START Subs: OFF ON Subs: OFF ON Subs: OFF ON
    Rog Pat Gruffalo Compo Rog Andy Compo
    Gruffalo Shoey Chris B Pat Steve B Pat
    Chris B Rog Shoey Sini Shoey

Attached Files:

2. Normanbitmyleg70

Bowlocks....that didn't come out as I was hoping!

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Planned subs at professional level doesn't work.

Colin doesn't use subs as he should though

4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Norm, I can understand what you're saying. I too have been a Manager (at County level). Must admit the big wigs love to try and intere though, think they know best, whereas a little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have looked over the opening post twice and my head hurts, maybe I am having a thick moment <ok>

6. Normanbitmyleg70

Try looking at the attachment template that I have finally managed to attach to my original post....the humour has probably been lost by now!