1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Striker now my priority quote from millen on the official site

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by National N1, Jan 28, 2011.

1. National N1

National N1 Active Member

Striker now my priority quote from millen on the official site, It then goes on to say that defense is no longer a priority and that we need a striker or someone who can create, It then goes on about the possibility of loans

I must say we do need attacking options now but it seems to be at the cost of a possible defender!

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

We need a creative midfielder this will take pressure off the defence and alos create goals im confisent in pitman and clarkie upfront untill maynards back

3. JD

JD New Member

Does anyone know any more about Nicky's potential retirement from the game?

If it's true this is the worst news I've heard in a long long time.......

If you add two new strikers to the creative midfielder and defensive cover we need, then the powers that be have a busy weekend ahead

4. National N1

National N1 Active Member

Theres nothing in the maynard rumour, If there was im sure the club would have it on there site, even OTIB bristol which is like rumour central has nothing about it on there!

5. JD

JD New Member

i hope (and expect) you're right

6. BillyRedCard

BillyRedCard New Member

why would Maynard have to retire? He has a bad injury, but one that footballers get, and recover from, players have had much worse....

I doubt the club want to release anything so as not to get hopes up

7. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

We've seen pictures on he club site of NM training, plus KM has kept us all informed of how he has been developing.
    As I understand it, he had one set back in November, then the snow came and he had to ease up on his rehabilitation.

I think KM is wise to not rush him back. He is not going to be the player he was last season for some time anyway, and I think we can assume that he will be one for next time round. We should have a decent forward line then with Stead and Pitman as well, and a couple of new midfielders. If KM gets the defence sorted out too, then we just might be in with a shout. Just hope its not for promotion to the Championship!