1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

stoke v naaarich

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

What a load of crap, only watched second half but both teams look very poor

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Poor team Stoke, Hughes is trying to change them from how they 'played' under Pullis but you've got to say he's taken away the only way they know how, without the long throws, hoofs into the box and noisy support, they look devoid of ideas. Norwich played well away but we've beaten them with 10 men. No reason other than injuries that Hull City can't stay in this division.

3. Blaknamberblood

On that display think both could struggle to be honest

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Had you seen the first half your view point may be slightly different. Norwich were all over Stoke but as we did at the KC, we struggled in the final third of the pitch.

5. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Matters not either way anyway, as you got three valuable away points against a rival.

6. Blaknamberblood

quite possibly but I'm fairly certain either team couldn't have been as poor 1st half as they were second, but as has been mentioned at least you got 3 points out of it

7. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I watched the first half and still no idea what game you where watching. Both sides lacked any cohesion, passing was dire from both sides, no tempo to the game, very slow. Both sides looked happy for a draw from the first minute.

But you scored and Hughton knows exactly how to defend a 1-0, so three points.

8. ThaiCanary

I can only take from that, that your expectations when watching your team are very different to mine watching mine, when playing away in the PL. The way the first half was played, it was only a matter of time before Norwich scored, which makes a nice change. Our passing was so much better than it has been in the previous 5 games (in the first half) but once we get close to the box it all falls apart.

9. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

My expectations this season was to go straight back down so i have none!

Whether your home or away the ability to pass the ball doesn't change, the ability to run off the ball doesn't change, the ability to create space doesn't change. What changes is that you have less of the ball and clearly you have to be more efficent when you do have it. You also have to do a lot more work off the ball, which you did and did very well may i add.

You did play better but i didn't think either side had a goal in them in the first half, the cutting edge wasn't there. As a Hull fan i've seen this for many years so i know what its like.

It was two very average sides in a poor game, that you came out on the top of because you took a chance and held on for the second half. Nothing wrong with doing that at all, we did it yesterday.

10. ThaiCanary

Try telling that to out players <laugh>

Our passing, overall, has been poor ever since we got promoted. So much so, that it has become par for the course, hence the expectations are quite low. So when we string 5, 6 or more passes together comfortably, it's a damned good day for us <ok>

You are bang on about the cutting edge though, it is lacking as it was last season (we have scored more from outside the box than in it, this season). We have the strikers that can score for fun but the service is lacking. Hopefully it will come but until then we have to live with whatever we are served up with and make the most of it <laugh>