1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stoke City v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Same team same subs. :emoticon-0116-evilg

Oh wait Phelan has to make a decision now. Against a Stoke side that Hughes is going to send out looking for blood, I'm a bit worried about our young lads.
    Will he keep the same formation? I hope not as we clearly dont get forward enough numbers. This is a free hit and he should try something new. But i doubt it.

Marshall

Clackstone Maguire Davies Tymon

Huddlestone
    Weir Mason Henricksen

Mbokani Keane

Result is not important but we need to see some spark from the new signings. Especially need to see if Henricksen is the new Koren. Cos thats what we need.

2-0 to Stoke. And no injuries, hopefully.

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Marshall

Elmo Maguire Davies Tymon

Weir Henriksen Mason

Bowen Mbokani Keane

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Famous people include Frank Bough, and Edward Smith, Captain of the Titanic, and Reginald Mitchell, the chief designer of the Spitfire. William Clowes and Hugh Bourne, the founders of Primitive Methodism and also Josiah Wedgewood, although it's not clear when Clowes and Bourne founded him.

Local delicacy is the oatcake, which imaginatively is a cake made of erm, oats.

The club were originally formed under the name Stoke Ramblers in 1863, but 15 years later they merged with Stoke Victoria Cricket Club and became Stoke Football Club. In 1925, when Stoke-on-Trent was granted “city status” their name changed again, this time to Stoke City Football Club.

Stoke is a suburb of Port Vale.

Stoke is the oldest club in the Premier League, and is considered to be the second oldest professional football club in the world - after Notts County.

Sir Stanley Matthews holds the record for the oldest ever player to feature in England’s top division. His appearance for Stoke City against Fulham in February 1965 came shortly after his 50th birthday, which in some ways means he was older than the world's second oldest football club.

In 1891 the Football League decided that only one club could use one style of strip and Sunderland were allowed to take red and white stripes. Between 1891 and 1908 Stoke used a variety of kits, with plain maroon being most common.

During the close season of 1967 Stoke City played in the one-off United Soccer Association, which imported clubs from Europe and South America. Stoke played as the Cleveland Stokers and finished as runners-up in the Eastern Division.

Father Elijah Smith took off his cassock to play for the Potters in the 1880s.The half-back, who was in charge of a church in Stoke, starred in the club’s first ever league win, over Notts County

Stoke are responsible for the penalty kick
    The Potters were knocked out of the FA Cup by Notts County in 1891.They were piling on the pressure in search of an equaliser when Notts defender Jack Hendry punched away a goal-bound shot.Stoke were given a free-kick but the opponents stacked 11 men on their own line and blocked any shot.Referee John Lewis thought this wasn’t fair so campaigned to introduce the penalty kick when he became a football legislator.

And responsible for injury time.
    In 1891 the penalty was a new rule when, on October 24 of that year, Stoke had fought back from 3-0 down to trail Aston Villa by a single goal at the Victoria Ground.The Potters were awarded a last-minute spot-kick and chance to level when a Villa player picked up the ball and booted it out of the ground.The referee blew for full-time before it was returned.The rules were soon changed to allow time to be added, but initially only if penalties were to be taken.

Striker Archie Maxwell broke Stoke’s transfer record when he joined from Darwen in 1896 for a set of wrought iron gates.

Manager in 1896, Bill Rowley sold himself to Leicester.

In 1905, goal keeper Jack Hobbs left Stoke after an argument over bonus payments. He returned as a ringer playing for Port Vale, and infuriated the crowd by wearing a Stoke shirt under his top. The Police had to remove him from the fans who were carrying him to the river.

Star 1920s and 30s midfielder Harry Sellars once woke up in a Middlesbrough hotel and switched on the light in time to see a rat dart across the room with his dentures in its mouth.What’s more, Stoke returned to the same hotel two years later and Sellars was presented with the nashers.They had been discovered by workmen who were refurbishing the room

Fez, HGS66, DarbyDays and 3 others like this.
  4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

This is what I would go with.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I expect us to go 4-3-3, so I doubt this will be far off.

tim1904 likes this.
  6. Steven Toast

I'm not sure that Bowen and Tymon will start, Phelan doesn't seem to have any qualms about playing players 3 times in a week. So we will probably see A-Bob and Dio start.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dio start, I don't think he'll start on Saturday.

8. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

what about Robbie fatballetdancer Williams?

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I honestly hope we play all the new larkers for fitness and settling in purposes.

Then just give the best youngs a run out.

tigers 2008 likes this.
  10. Steven Toast

Or Maloney, actually. It's quite tough to pick the midfield...

11. Quill

Quill Bastard

Prepare for these to be reposted in a months' time!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  12. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

It's a pancake

13. Steven Toast

As opposed to our breadcake, which is neither a cake made of bread or bread made from cake.

14. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

I know we didn't win these but I think they're worth adding along with Quill's collection!

15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

And it's ****

16. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I reckon Maloney will start.

18. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

Oops, just noticed Quill did post those videos, didn't show up on my screen for some reason, apologies!

19. Quill

Quill Bastard

<doh>

20. DocTigris

DocTigris Active Member

I never tire of watching the highlight of the Deano warm up in front of the Delap long throw. The ref was quite alert to spot it unless he got a tip off.