1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stoke City v Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

WTF, possibly the worst Manager in recent history has gone....I believe he wanted out and left the owners in an impossible position....had to get rid before untold damage could occur! All their own fault, not impressed with the list of candidates applying and I have decided as previously mentioned to put my name forward. I have mentioned that I have led this forum for a decade, and was formally the Prediction League leader on many occasions! If successful I will not be stubborn, I have youth on my side and my assistant Todge is moist with excitement! Whilst I wish Steve Morrison every success in his three games, I cannot see this bunch of expensive tossers getting him off to a good start, and then QPR and Huddersfield to follow.....hmmmm! I expect a call up in the next few weeks, but will stay in touch with this forum for advise from everyone, after all, you seem to know more that the rich rabble in charge of our affairs! Maybe a draw to stop the rot, nothing more, 0-0! :emoticon-0103-cool: Billy5222’s old underpants for hire!

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

0-0 would be like winning the Cup:emoticon-0138-think

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

1.1 with a first half non-headed goal for us even more so.

robbiethemole and clingo like this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

What's a goal? <confused>

5. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

One of the first things I would do is this: in conjunction with tans Instructions I would get
    My goal is to continue with my lovemaking to Minxy Clingy, move along....nothing for you here! :emoticon-0103-cool: Todge loves you!

6. BluefromBridgend

If the sentence starting "My goal" is correct, without punctuation, that is a very worrying menage à trois.

robbiethemole likes this.
  7. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

My apologies for that BFB, obviously confused you somewhat, to make up to you I will put on my tight blue pants and allow you to fumble in my front pockets...you may find something nice! :emoticon-0103-cool: Todge alert!

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I actually see this as an ideal game for SM to start his stint. I think Stoke away is a no lose situation for him personally.

After the last 8 losses on the bounce, very few are expecting him to win this. He's into that brief honeymoon period and will be treated sympathetically as long as he brings new dimensions to our game.

Should we get a result (and a draw would be a result), then it sets it up nicely for the next two both at home against QPR and Huddersfield.

Don't know what he needs to do to get a longer stint in the hot seat, but would suggest that 6 or more points would make it very difficult for the board to ignore.

9. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.
    The Stoke game is a bit of a freebie for him and then it's over to the Bluebirds support to turn out in force and give him and the team their absolute support.
    If we're going to give the guy a chance, the fans need to play their part too.
    C'mon Steve.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  10. BluefromBridgend

As at last Saturday I was told all bar 150 tickets sold for Stoke.

clingo likes this.

11. Ledleysleftfoot

Ledleysleftfoot Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting much to be honest. A draw would be a surprise but I believe that it's possible. I can't see us coming home with a victory.
    What I can see is an integration of a few of his u-23 players with a plan to revitalise the team and introduce a slow rebuild. Are these youngsters ready? Who knows. Can they be any worse than the regular players from the last few games? No!
    I also believe that SM will get a song out of some of our midfield players who could be unrecognisable in a new style of play.

Am I deluded... Maybe!
    We live in hope

12. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

It's a tough intro TBF as we have quite a few absentees to go along with the low morale.

Very hard to make an instant impact and implement any big shift in style and SMs press responses pretty much confirmed it's unlikely we'll see a huge difference, however, even if we just get a little bit of a shift and decent levels of effort then I think we'd all be a bit happier.

I reckon it'll take at least until the third game to start seeing any kind of change, let alone results.

BluefromBridgend and Oldsparkey like this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

As far as the next few games go, the biggest corner we've backed ourselves into is that the club has been allowed to operate two diverse playing formats. The first team squad and the under 23's play in completely different ways and integrating them is a huge ask for SM to sort out.

If he goes any way towards getting the right fusion during his 3 games in charge, he should be given more time.

14. BrizzleBluebird

Agreed.

It can often take months or even years for a team to build a new style.

I guess the one small glimmer of hope we have is that so many of the young ones have been brought into the squad that they may just be able to have a quicker influence on the overall style.
    As per previous comments I just hope a few of the older/more established 1st team "stars" aren't too proud to take a lead from the young guns.

15. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

But maybe a few of the old hands will welcome any new style that might allow them to express themselves more?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  16. BrizzleBluebird

To quote LLF "we live in hope"!

clingo likes this.
  17. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this game.
    Agree it’s a free hit for Morison but pity he hasn’t got a full squad to pick from.

clingo likes this.
  18. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

It might be a blessing in some cases<laugh>

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

20. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

And maybe earn themselves a new contract!

clingo likes this.