1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steven Fletcher

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Riever, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Riever

Riever Well-Known Member

Thought I'd create my own unfounded rumour!!

With Wolves looking doomed this lad is bound to be on the market in the summer - he has consistently banged in goals at the wrong in the the table for two years now - worth a punt instead of Bendtner?

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Your unfounded rumour is as believable as the others flying around. I just have a feeling of oh no when I think of buying players from relegated teams, sort of penny pinching rather than ambition, no logic in it just a feeling.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

What literally?

5. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I'd set my sights higher too but wouldn't be devastated if he was on Martys hit list.

6. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

for rep there is little Albert would not do.

7. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Larsson, Gardner, Vaughan all signed from relegated team and they have improved us. Fletcher has proved he can get double figures for teams scrapping at the bottom so Id have him here.

Im hoping we bring in two forwards ideally and we cash in on Gyan.

8. Shacksnutmeg

Shacksnutmeg Member

NO!

9. The Mackem of Oz

I see your point here. Then again Larsson has performed well this season, and i suppose Garnder to an extent..

I would have him, then again is he the type of player we want. Do we want more foreign players like Sess, and hard grafters like Fletcher?

10. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

it's a yes from me, great in the air, pretty quick, mainly left footed but his right 1's not bad either, good link up play, holds the ball up really well and wouldn't cost a fortune, not his fault wolves are ****e and has scored more than any of our players this season, likes scoring against the big teams

11. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

yes from me, very decent player

12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He's almost perfect for us IMO.

I'll be very surprised if your unfounded rumour doesn't come to have some weight in it!

More importantly though, what the hell where you doing up at 4.50 am!

13. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

rather have Bendtner

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

i hope MON has set his sights higher <bubbly>

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Bendtner is unquestionably a better player, but i'd argue that Fletcher will see Sunderland as a big move, and bust his nuts every week.

If we could have Bendtner, on current form, he'd rapidly become one of my favourite players.

What do you have of Abdelloue Poolie? Been watching him where possible cos i've heard some rumours, looks a good player, very good.

16. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

Abdelloue, the lad who plays for Hannover? I have only seen him a couple of times on tv as well as clips on the internet but what I have seen of him he seems to be a poacher, he knows how to get into the box and stick the ball in the net.

I think in a MoN formation a poacher is not exactly whats needed as MoN likes to go in with 4/3/3 most of the time and I am not sure a poacher would be able to play the lone role and bring the others into play like a Adebayor type does.

If we were going 4/4/2 I would take the lad and bring in Mario Mandzukic to play along side him. Think Mandzukic could fill the gap if Bendtner does not stay mind as the figurehead in a 4/3/3

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He is more of a poacher , but he has a canny left boot on him, I think him and Bendtner would make a canny pairing, although it's unlikely we'd sign both.

I think we'll stick more towards 4-4-2 personally, but i'm basing this on the players we currently have.

I don't know Mandzukic personally, not against him, he's 6ft plus and has a career 1 in 2 record, i'm just dubious that he went missing when Wolfsburg were struggling, we need strong mentalities here.

Could just be that the team wasn't providing for him, so i'd give him the benefit of doubt.

18. Not_cricket

Not_cricket Active Member

Coming on here is as good as reading the press. We should set up a rumours page and circulate to the relevant newspapers

19. Big Bad Wesley Brown

Big Bad Wesley Brown Well-Known Member

Definitely rate the guy and he could do a very good job for us. People may turn their noses up at signing players from relegated teams, but some of the best signings from last summer came from relegated sides, such as Larsson, Ba, etc

20. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

For me Bendtner is a more skilful K Jones but similar to him in other respects, when he can be bothered he is good, unfortunately he cannot be bothered too often. MoN with his remarks about Bendtners 'confidence' is well aware of this, but if he has not got an attitude like McClean, who when he playing ****, just gets physical and gets stuck in harder, can such an attitude be instilled in Bendtner so he performs week in week out. Plus of course his fee and wages as he is such a talented player he deserves very high wages.

Davies at Bolton, not a hugely talented player but puts in a 110% shift every time he is on the pitch, creates havoc with the CBs and others around him takes advantage. TBH I am not 100% sure about Fletcher but he does seem a trier...