1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sterling

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by 23_Carra_Gold, Jun 19, 2011.

1. 23_Carra_Gold

23_Carra_Gold Member

He's just scored a stunner for the under 17s if anyones interested :1980_boogie_down:

2. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

He's something special.I'll tell you something thats going to improve him even further and thats the under 19 Champions League.He will be up against the cream of Europe in that age group.He's got the ability to make it to the very top.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Top player, we've got a world beater in our ranks.

4. KingPepeReina.

I hope nobody decides to put pressure on him by calling him ''The new John Barnes'' just because they were both born in Jamaica and raised in North West London.

5. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

i put on another thread that he is to young to have that pressure put on him so i would leave him where he is and maybe give him a few runs in the reserves

6. Somerset_Scouse

Havent seen him at all really! What are his main attributes? heard he was pretty quick....

7. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

He's quick, he's got skill (not messi style but it's good), he's small and he's got a wicked left footed shot on him.

8. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

He's basically an inverted winger like Messi. He needs to improve his left foot and start taking the full back on the outside sometimes but he's quite good at cutting inside and going past people or having a shot at goal. He's quick, got great balance and has got good close control, those are his main attributes I'd say.

9. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

The media expectation that youth is the answer to everything internationally woeful has cast a long shadow over the U21s and is waiting for the next crop.

10. Joesimpo90

Joesimpo90 Member

ok, lets put it into perspective, as much as I want the lad to do well, it was only against Rwanda.

I've got carried away over youngsters in the past, I prefer to see if they sup[rise me nowadays.

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I would have the same feeling as you, but I've seen the amount of talent we've got in the reserves at the moment. The very fact that a lot of them have gone away on internationals just shows how much talent we've got.

I'd expect atleast 5 of our current crop (U18s) to make it professionally at Premier league level.

Sterling, Coady, Suso, Wisdom, Morgan are all set for some sort of success. That's forgetting Flanagan and Robinson who are already there...

12. tidalbay

tidalbay Member

very impressed by Sterling last night (watched it on Eurosport). Whilst we do not really know the quality of the opposition Rwanda things look promising for the lad and he appears to have a lot of talent.

13. Joesimpo90

Joesimpo90 Member

You are right in that it looks more promising on the while. but nothing is guarenteed. People used to rave abou Nemeth? where is he? sold for £1m after not even playing a game. Pachecho the same, couple of appearances but couldnt get a start a norwich in the Championship.

Im not saying that its not more promising just that we shouldn't get carried away as anything could happen.

14. KingPepeReina.

His main attributes are he's both quick and he's got unbelievable acceleration.He's got wonderful balance and that helps him battle against bigger defenders who try to outmuscle him.And he's comfortable on both the right and the left.He's also got a wonderful shot on him.Even at 16,He's far too good for the under 18s.I reckon his next big test is the reserves.I reckon he'll pass that.If he's deemed to be too good for the reserves,expect him to be included in the first team squad.