1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Statement from Ranieri

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Ranieri's statement in full
    Yesterday my dream died.

After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League champions, all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the club I love, for always.

Sadly this was not to be. I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never-ending support during my time at Leicester.

My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea, who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner [Ranieri's agent] and Franco Granello [his Italian agent] for bringing me the opportunity to become a champion.

Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved. But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too.

No-one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a champion with all of you.

Claudio Ranieri

Got to admit I struggled to get through that with a dry eye <wah>

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

True gentleman.

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Professional and dignified to the end. I hope he does love Leicester despite how it has ended because we will never forget what he did.

4. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

What a true Gent! pity that he showed to much loyalty to some of his players. Or he might still
    be in a job!
    Good luck for the future Claudio, you are the greatest thing to happen to this Club <applause>

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Really sad it had to end the way it did. I can't imagine there are any Leicester fans out there that would have wanted Claudio the man gone

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I didn't want him to go but accept that he had to

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

And thats why the team owes it to him to not get relegated. Post that on the dressing room wall . What more movivation do they want!

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

If I remember rightly, didn't you actually forecast that he would be sacked this season?

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Yep I did as soon as we won the league - excellent memory there Bucks! It's sad, wierd and a bit pathetic but that's just football