1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Swindon Town

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Jan 29, 2023.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2022/2023
    Swindon Town

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

brb likes this.
  2. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

1) Tom Nichols - A goal and an assist inside the first 15 minutes, another good performance from the lively frontman
    2) Ollie Hawkins - A great target man display, tired in the final 20 minutes or so, but battled well alongside Nichols
    3) Glenn Morris - Really important save at the end from Morris to keep the scores level.

brb likes this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Difficult choices for different reasons.
    1. Morris - for that late save -- and unlucky not to keep out the unjust penalty.
    2. Nichols - goal - assist - energy - desire.
    3. Undecided..... I'll give it to Dieng for his quality equaliser.

..... with the current level of performances, it's difficult to see any reappearance of Reeves, Alexander, Lee, O'Keefe, Green & Lewis - with Gbode and the other newcomers needing to be patient....... I do, however, feel that we have depth in the squad - enough for Harris needing to be 'ruthless' if anyone isn't up to standard - for example, MacDonald has done very well in recent games - with valuable assists as well as great commitment - but- if he tires after 55 minutes - sub him, quick !... Same goes for Williams - and as for Ehmer (( don't get me started.)).... Lapslie and Masterson are / and considered to be better players.......... we cannot afford to be 'loyal' to the rubbish players - they had 23 games and messed up !

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

Stolen from Lee on Twitter:

Alex MacDonald Appreciation Post. - Has Assisted All Three Goals Tom Nichols Has Scored For Gillingham Against Hartlepool United, Colchester United And Swindon Town - And It Was MacDonald's Cross Which Dieng Flicked On For Tutonda To Open The Scoring Against Colchester United.

5. brb

brb CR250

1. Morris - the other posts above have already said it all
    2. Nichols - pretty obvious really
    3. MacDonald - Lee said it all

6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Pretty sure if Masterson comes in Wright will be out rather than Ehmer

The Gills PegLeg and alwaysright like this.
  7. alwaysright

Exactly my thoughts (( fear !)) - and the same treatment that Baggott got...
    Ehmer has led a 'charmed life.'.. Previously he had Egan to 'cover' for him.. This season Ehmer has been (thus far), fairly dreadful - and has had Baggott and Wright to 'cover' for much of his inability.....if it wasn't for Gallinson, Ehmer was definitely heading for a hat-trick of relegations.

It's ironic that Harris bemoans the wrong decisions v Swindon - when he continues to make a glaring error in persisting with Ehmer.... Gills now have much better players than Ehmer ( and a few others .) - They need to be used - not 'sentimentality' - otherwise what is the point of having a car and moaning about waiting for a bus - just so that you can use your bus pass?

8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Ehmer was brilliant yesterday always but guessing you may have missed that <cheers>

gioblues likes this.
  9. alwaysright

Pegleg
    I HAVE already mentioned that all the squad played well -- although I think that 'brilliant' may be reserved for Morris (( who I have stated needs to have a 'younger' replacement.... before too long. ))
    I am happy that Ehmer has improved - I was even 'vocal' in my praise for Ehmer on a couple of occasions - as well as bemoaning that he hasn't eliminated 'hoofball' from his game ))...
    I have said that the improvement of all the squad, should be enough to avoid relegation -- but-- I still say that Ehmer remains on my 'axe' list for the future - (( just being pragmatic.))

edit- my name is not Dolman !

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023