1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Oxford United

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Sep 25, 2021.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2021/2022
    Oxford United

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

1. Cumming - no doubt...... kept the score down - again!
    2. MacDonald - good goal, and good work rate.
    3. .... difficult one - possibly Emer or Lloyd -- I'm not a big fan of Emer - so - just to show I can appreciate him ( occasionally ) - he gets it.

Overall, the quality in the team is (sadly), not good enough for much more than (possible) survival. Teams seem to be much more 'switched on' than The Gills.. Teams seem to be able to pass and move much more quickly... Opposition players move for each other, into spaces that Gills always seem to leave exposed -- especially down the flanks.. Bennett had a horrible afternoon at Oxford - hardly ever being in the same postcode as the man he was supposed to be covering (( I know that being a RB is not his 'speciality )) but - ........... it allows so many unchallenged crosses and threat into the penalty box..... ....I'd better stop here before I make a derogatory remark about one of our so-called forwards.

4. Referee ( minus points ) - While Oxford will feel aggrieved that they dropped 2 points - the referee gave them all the decisions. Oliver was being manhandled / shirt pulled etc all afternoon - got nothing.... as for the handball , from which Gills should have got a penalty - how was that missed by the Officials ? -a worse miss than the Oxford forward 3 yards out from an open goal right at the end of the game...... oh well - on to Cambridge on Tuesday ( if I can get some fuel for the car. )

brb likes this.
  4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Better highlights than YouTube or quest

brb likes this.