1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Leicester City

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Jan 8, 2023.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2022/2023
    Leicester City

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

brb likes this.
  2. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

A really good effort by the players, though like Harris, my only disappointment was that I felt the potential for a cup upset was there. I'd have liked to have seen Mandron come on 10 minutes earlier than he did, but nonetheless, by top 3 for the game was...

1) Shaun Williams - He stood out in a game like this, with Gills sitting so compact his lack of pace didn't suffer so much, and he showed his experience with some good touches whilst surrounded by his Premier League counterparts.
    2) Dom Jefferies - Would most likely have been my number 1 if it hadn't been for the unfortunate injury. Excellent energy again in the midfield area. Hopefully coming off was just a precaution, as I think he's one that would stay in my starting 11 regardless of the new players we will (hopefully) be bringing in.
    3) Alex MacDonald - Not as good as the two mentioned above, but an important part of the midfield unit that did well yesterday, and so deserving of the 3rd spot in my opinion.

gioblues and brb like this.
  3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Jefferies
    Williams
    Ehmer
    To be honest most played well though so these 3 were not a lot better than others.

patchy70 and brb like this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

All good selections, from a great performance...

1. Turner, what a keeper, for me it was about the awareness he showed of everything that was going on around him, and he always expelled any risk of a Leicester attack, by booting the ball long and hard out of the danger area. Fantastic insight into the game play by him.A couple of cracking saves as well.

2. MacDonald, if there was any player I'm a bit bias towards it would be him, I always love a player that shows a bit of strength and passion. He showed the qualities that I like to see when your back is against the wall.

3. It could be anyone, but the stand out for me was Jefferies, I see the previous two guys selected the same, well now he's got his hat-trick of votes.

Makes a change for us to be able to give the players some praise.

alwaysright and patchy70 like this.
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

good choices brb - mine are the same -- in a different order.
    1. Jeffries - showed some positivity and a better pace than others have displayed (( too often. ))
    2. MacDonald - definitely a battler - just not at the same level as the Hessenthalers of this World.
    3. Turner.. Seemed unflustered by the 'glamour' opponents.

patchy70 and brb like this.