1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs AFC Wimbledon

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Nov 24, 2020.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2020/2021
    AFC Wimbledon

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

2. brb

brb CR250

I didn't see tonights game, but pleasing to see us back to winning ways. Look forward to people's views/comments on the match.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Gills win a Home league game on a Tuesday night - for the first time in 5 years and you didn't bother to see it ! Where were you ? -- in Hereford ?
    --- don't you go crying that you can't get a ticket for the game v Swindon - because all 2000 will have been taken by STH - who, you will say shouldn't get them - because they won't be giving any (new ) money to the Club.....
    ....a note for your diary --- 24th November 2026 is a Tuesday !

brb likes this.
  4. alwaysright

The possession stats show that we had 'little' of the ball... Yes - I know that there is only one statistic that matters !
    It was a reasonable game to watch - even if not as entertaining as the Youtube video from grumpygit ( FAO Always .) Once again Graham stood out amongst good performances from the squad ---- BUT --

Gills need to prevent crosses from being made - rather than struggle to deal with them in the middle of our penalty area... Wimbledon scored from one cross - the build up to which could easily have been prevented -- but -- they had two glorious opportunities to score from other crosses -- one, a 'header' from their No.5 was easier to score - than to miss !
    Gills' inability to have 'full backs (good enough - or at least 'touchtight' ), has been a regular feature over the last few seasons - and worries me each time the ball is played to an opposing 'wide' player....... having said that.... I must give my admiration for O'Gilvie's super cross for Samuel to convert......

I have always been a fan of 'old fashioned' wing play -- and if you put in enough good crosses - you should be able to score plenty (( a-la- Andrew Robertson for Liverpool )) -- In Graham, we have the supply - now we need to ensure that we have somebody to 'finish.'

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    brb likes this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

1. Graham.
    2. MacDonald. I thought him and McKenzie both deserved a mention.
    3. McKenzie.

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

I was out scouting for strikers <whistle>

No surprise to read Graham was the stand out player once again. I might as well have just come on here and said that, no one would have been any the wiser I didn't see the game <laugh>

I read some good reviews on twitter re McKenzie and I see grumpygit appears to agree he was top three. MacDonald, no not thee Cody (McDonald before alwaysright picks on my spelling), I'm sure it was him who put in a good performance before until a reckless tackle.

Anyway no star three from me obviously, but I'll be back for Exeter, did anyone see their result last night 6-1! I wonder if Ebbsfleet will loan as Cody for the day, he is still at the Fleet yeah?....suppose I could always ask his favourite fan @The Gills PegLeg

alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Here we go brb, just for you.

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

Cheers for that mate.

What a well worked first goal! I assume that was McKenzie with the first ball, also interesting to note Graham's positioning for it - what I call the Dack role, great awareness by him to set Dempsey up.

This is what we need to do more of, it also takes the pressure of Samuels and Oliver, when their stature could be put to more use, in pulling the opposition away from Dempsey and Graham. Think Bayo back to goal, flick ons for Cody to run through.

Samuel smashing home the second (well done) from close range, and also Dempsey again with a superb free-kick, but for the post.

grumpygit likes this.
  9. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Nope he's in the fencing business these days. Couldn't get another club after that horrific injury sadly.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Ideal, can he construct a fence around our goal mouth <laugh>

grumpygit likes this.

11. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Mom Graham
    2 mackenzie
    3 Dempsey

brb likes this.
  12. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

Excellent and positive reflection from last night. Really looking forward to the cup game now, and it will be a toughie, IF we can get past Exeter I will be very happy on where we are, especially after the effects of covid. If we lose, we concentrate on the league, let's just make it a classic to remember.

14. alwaysright

I don't believe that Gills are good enough for top 6 in L1...... I hope that we're better than bottom 4, However, I think we should 'go for it' in terms of a cup run.... Realistically, we need to get to Round 3 ( or 4 etc ), and get on the Television - to make any money (( 2,000 or 4,000 crowds are no good ! ))

brb likes this.
  15. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

1) Graham
    2) McKenzie
    3) Dempsey

brb likes this.