1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stadiums reopening

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Feb 16, 2021.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

As the vaccine is being rolled out and treatments are improving for the virus you would think that the premier league etc will surely have to be thinking about the reopening of stadiums in a safe way whenever that occurs. In my humble opinion this season has to be ruled out. My idea would be as follows

• A phased month by month opening with a 10% month on month increase in stadium capacity
    • obviously one way systems adhering to social distancing which will need to be marshalled .
    • The food and beverage concourses will be closed - to minimize mingling - (possibly being able to order food and drink to be bought to your seat) via an app ?
    • the big issue i reckon would be the rush for the toilet at half time (maybe portaloos brought out to pitchside at half time and each section is assigned a batch to use)
    • Outside the ground would be relatively easy to cordon off for exit entry
    All a bit surreal i know - but its got me wondering as surely it wont be just a simple right lads let just open up as normal. Any ideas ?

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

One of my mates who works somewhat in the logistical sector (I don’t fully I’d west and what he does...!) has said that he’s been told that the main preventative reasons - at a reduced capacity - were:

- going to the toilet. Think how packed they usually are and even 10% of that is still pretty packed...!

- transport getting people to the stadium

slightly unpopular opinion here but I’ve actually quite enjoyed having free weekends with all the games on the tv - I know my girlfriend has preferred it...! Considering whether to renew or not for next year but I’m sure when the season starts I’ll enjoy it...

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I'd go back next season i think, given that everyone should be offered a jab by September, transmission and major implications of covid should be down to a minimum by then.

If your not opening up properly after everyones had a vaccine, then stadiums will never be fully open again.