1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

s'reckon the gas can beat they chelts?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by atcham jack, Sep 25, 2011.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

of course you can, after saturdays brave win at morecambe, suddenly octobers fixtures do not look quite so daunting. good luck gas keep climbing. those 5 loafes and 2 fishes in the club coach certainly did the trick at morecambe. miracles do happen

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

yesterday was no miracle. we played the way the game was suppose to be played, which we havent done since 1st game of the season. no hoofball. but great football. it obviously takes time for 16 players (just signed our 17th last week) to gel and this is still happening. however the tactics of hootball was never going to help the gelling of players. and buckle finally got the message from us fans that we were not happy with that. we have a very good squad. we have some decent players for this league and its only a matter of time when we consistantly put 4 or 5 past teams each game. when the tactics are right and the players perform, we will cause damage. yesterday after winning 1-0 and then losing 2-1 i thought that would hurt us as our form isnt great. instead we showed great character and fight to go back and win the game against a inform side who is still top of the table.
    bring on our local derby cheltenham next week :)

3. atcham jack

hear hear, good luck

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

thing is we havent yet performed at home. the win against the shrews i would put down to your lot having a bad day at the office while we took our chance and defended very well. we didnt perform though like we can. we havent performed at home at all yet so the players will be under a bit of pressure to win this in front of the home fans.

5. atcham jack

well you have that pleasure to come and soon hopefully

6. GasheadinChelt

CJS from my point of view we have to beat Cheltenham on Saturday. Not only do I live up here, quite a few of the skittles team I play for are Robins fans and I'm the only Gashead in the side. After the stick I took last season from them due to our relegation I'm looking forward to returning the compliment next week.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

100% we have to beat them. if we want to stick with the top sides who are pulling away then we need to win our home games. i just hope we play football. if we do that then we have more than enough quality to win by a fair few goals. but if we return to hoofball then we will struggle. so it depends on which tactics bucks use.

8. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

well considering your consistantly inconsistant you'll lose :)

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we will win and you will lose and we be in the top 7 and you be bottom and we both will still have the same manager as we currently do :)

10. gashead1

gashead1 Active Member

completely agree captain. time to string a few wins together now and get some momentum going in the side. bit like the s**t heads really, they got some momentum going with there home record....still without a win..<laugh>
    but like you say, if we get the ball down and play football we are a match for any side in this league. or even the championship as watford found out!!!

11. atcham jack

if thee cassnt beat they chelts, then they bist in trouble again. who has a shilling for the gas, has the pilot light gone out again, has matty h gone off the boil again, are you a yo yo club. i think we should be told

12. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

AJ be carefull not to overload your clipboard with all the usual copy and paste ****e<ok>

13. atcham jack

very sorry, but this is in direct response to outright agression on our boards by young chris. we live peacefully in quiet shrewsbury and are unused to pearl harbour type attacks!

14. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

lol Welcome back AJ, noticed you been a little quiet so thought I would pay you a visit to see if I could ignite that little spark you have for us.

Gashead at heart, is AJ :D

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

causing more trouble again chris?? watch it mind, you will set off you know who <doh>

16. Chris-Gashead

17. atcham jack

hi chris, seriously i think the gas will win win at cheltenham. there i was snoozing only to be attacked like at pearl harbour. as for our visit to southend we will see if alleged tinpots turn into a sherman tanks. town have arrived at the top, will the gas ever catch us up

18. Chris-Gashead

<laugh> gotta stay awake during the war, as there are quiet moments, and deadly moments. You should know that AJ, seeing as you were in WW1! <laugh>

Welcome back <ok>

19. atcham jack

thanks for the welcome and yes i was born at the hight of the battle of britain. wilco tango oscar, red leader 1