1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Speed is bloody useless

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Jager, can't even be bothered to watch Wales play these days.

3. campionijack

campionijack Member

Wales were playing... ?

4. premierpaul

premierpaul Member

What's that? Speed manages to lead a team to defeat. Shock - horror.
    And his background in management was so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Welsh FA have got what they deserve NOTHING
    I just hope our boys are not scared by his coaching and that they return fit.

5. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

But Australia are a decent international side these days - ranked 12 in the world or similar. I can't say it was a surprise. Personally speaking, IMO and all that.

6. premierpaul

premierpaul Member

I've had 30+ years of BUT...........the other team were trying too hard etc etc etc.
    Sick to death of the brainless Welsh FA.
    Appoint an international manager who has been their and got the t-shirt, NOT Speed, Toshack, Hughes, Gould, England, Yorath (who have I missed out)

7. Bigfatprop

Bigfatprop New Member

While the welsh FA continue to line their own pockets rather than trying to improve Welsh prospects, I'll never spend another penny watching them. I didn't even tape the game tonight. No interest at all which saddens me as a passionate Welshman.

8. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Why the bloody hell did Taylor and Williams play the full 90 mins ? Makes my blood boil

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Well we almost got there under Hughes , and we had the crowds going to the games, now we get 12k-15k at games only down by three quarters!

The shambles came with tossack , and continues under speed

10. doctor love

doctor love Member

only 6000 in cardiff tonight, did speed play a 4-4-2 formation? with the player's now available we should be a match for most sides with the right coaching.

11. NewJerseySwan

NewJerseySwan Member

I guess we lost? Must admit, only one thing on my mind at the moment football wise and that's the Swans so didn't even know we were playing or the score, but the Swans have their new keeper and the team is complete. The defense is tight. we know that. The Mid-field has great holders and passers and now 3 great wingers, Ferre Boddie in the wings waiting to get match fit. Sinclair and Graham and other good forwards Routlidge and Lita who can score goals and eager to show what they can do in the Premier League, what an opportunity for them. The curtain raises. Am I delusional or am I thinking this is a fantastic team?. Brendon Rogers has done an amazing summer job, bargain prices, players with a point to prove and youngsters setting out to prove a point. I for one are very excited, more excited than 1982 when that was more amazement but now we are going in with players, with quality players on long term contracts, committed players, Swansea players who have come there to show what they can do, their big chance, their stage, and what a stage, the Liberty Stadium, and what a welcome they will get from the fantastic Swans fans, give us a wave every single one of them, let them know they are home in the game against Wigan and welcome them with open arms. I really do wish I could be there. My friends, enjoy the season.

12. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

I can't believe how lucky we are that Sheffield united wouldn't let us have Speed. We'd be in League One now instead of the Premier. HJ wouldn't have looked so good then. Shows that there is a lot of luck in choosing a manager. We got lucky with BR. Would could have got very unlucky with Speed.

Hope the next manager is a good choice. From what HJ said I'd be surprised to see BR here next season.

13. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

No the shocking and shameful thing is the FAW appointing someone hopelessly out of his depth, if anyone needs to hang their heads in shame it's them!

And don't associate whether you support Wales in football a slur on being welsh , tell me if you don't support football at all, should you hold your head in shame ?

And if you had the same opinion say about Cardiff when you come from Cardiff , should you hold your head in shame ?

14. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

Look out,the dope head has returned from his wrecking trips to London,Birmingham and Manchester.

15. VETCHETARIAN

"shocking and pathetic".

Such fine sentiments from a tax dodging bloob.

I don't remember him using such rhetoric last season when his Club took up residence in The High Court.

16. VETCHETARIAN

Great post,New Jersey.

Ignore the dope headed troll,who is nothing but a waste of space,wherever he lays his cap.

17. VETCHETARIAN

"Speed is bloody useless".

He was a fine player,but fine players don't always make good managers. The game is littered with better players than him who failed at management,e.g.,Bobby Charlton;Bobby Moore.

So we shouldn't be too harsh on Speed. He has managerial aspirations,but,at the moment doesn't seem to be up to it. Perhaps it's too soon for him to be at the International level. Maybe he was too inexperienced even for the Sheffield Utd. post.

The Wales football team is a bit of poisoned chalice. We have some good players,but,we've ALWAYS had good players,and 1958 apart,have nothing to show for it.

Gary Speed,at this particular time is, probably, "out of his depth",but it would be grossly unfair to put Wales' poor performances entirely down to him,since it's always been like this.

18. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Do you want me to say it Welsh for you mate? Obviously your grasp of English is a little dire init butt?

19. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

The buck stops with the manager, sorry but he is hopeless as a manager, he was about to be sacked by the blades when Wales came in and offered a 25 year contract, with his wages increasing with every loss, he should outstrip abromovich by then and can afford to buy Wales completely from the crown.

I am a passionate welsh man, but in this case its shocking that little old men in an office has the say of the nation, and fail hopelessly, they also need to go, and bring in younger people with the thought process to take us forward, anyone over 50 in the FAW can sod off basically, not being ageist here, just realistic!

20. VETCHETARIAN

I can see you are rather upset,Jager,and I didn't intend to add to your ire.

It would seem,at the moment,that Speed is not up to the job he was engaged to do,but,hey,he has time to learn,and improve. I think some time as Manager of lower League,or even Non League,teams might help him in his Managerial carreer. Who knows,he could be a good 'un in the future. I have no axe to grind here,as I am not a particuar fan of his,and it's hardly his fault if he was given a job for life.