1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

It is pretty straight forward tbh. You can basically bet on an outcome (say Saints to win) or lay an out come (Saints not to win). So if you have, as in Tom's case, an accumulator with one team left or the only one likely to let you down then say you would win £500 if they won (on your accumulator) you could then go and lay them on betfair for say £100 so if they did lose you would win the £100 as a consolation prize, if they ended up winning you would win the £500 from the accumulator, but lose the £100 for the lay so a £400 profit.

There is also loads of other **** you can do on there if you can be bothered to put the time and research into it which generally are profitable. I haven't found any get minted over night stuff, but I have found a few things that will make you profit over a long period of time. The biggest struggle for me is being disciplined and it is why a lot of people wouldn't be able to do it long term and make money I think. You need to be a certain type of person.

2. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

What SM is saying is spot on - a few years ago I used to spend hours doing just what he said - I don't have the time now, but laying bets is perfect for accumulators that roll over to one result. Though to be fair I would have done exactly what Tom did yesterday :)

3. thereisonlyoneno7

Bears and Dolphins?

I watched the Falcons game and they are so Saints like since I started watching them properly <laugh>

4. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep. Had the Bears to win that. Had Falcons with a -3 handicap as well so that 50+ yard field goal with a couple of minutes left on the clock was very nice. :)

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

All good until the first result doesn’t come in. Then it’s all off.

6. Saintmagic

Well yes, for accies. Which are just a bit of fun anyway. The main reason to use betfair is for singles in my experience

Libby likes this.
  7. thereisonlyoneno7

Yep got hairy though with 1 second on the clock when the Tampa guy fumbled/missed the pass 2 yards from the end zone :)

tomw24 likes this.
  8. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes that was a bit nervy!

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I have started to look into it before but each time have decided I have neither the time nor the dedication to learn it all properly.

Maybe one day though.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Hurrah...designers are working on a human friendly train toilet. The most important change is replacing a locking button (distrusted by any sensible human....and a major reason why I avoid train toilets) with a lever. Levers are more trusted apparently...anyone could have told them that...you want real proof the door is locked before partially disrobing in a rocking train.

11. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Just spent £300 on a limousine and discovered that the fee doesn't include a driver.

Can't believe I've spent all that money and I have nothing to chauffeur it...

fatletiss, San Tejón, Libby and 3 others like this.
  12. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

13. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Anyone on here ever travelled to the U.S with a record and had any problems on arrival etc..? Was thinking of a holiday out there in December time but not sure I’d even get in he country. Entering Dubai etc has never been a problem for me but apparently the US is a lot harder these days. Anyone up to date with this type of thing , online searches on the subject are a bit hit and miss.

14. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

I was in the USA last month. Have a look at the ESTA application form online, you will need to get one to enter America. It lasts two years and costs $14 (£9) https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
    You're right, it is more involved these days with a lot more questions and I'm sure it does ask you about previous convictions and will want details.
    When you have filled in the application you will find out by the next day whether you are successful or not.

15. sotonsaint

Nice one mate, though having had a quick look it at I don’t think it’s even worth me bothering.

16. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Criminal convictions of almost any sort will get you banned from the US...though you can appeal in person in London, but that can be expensive and take all day. A woman I know tried to work there after declaring that she was on holiday whilst a student....that got her banned twenty years later, though she won on appeal because she had a job, home and family here so was unlikely to repeat the offence.

sotonsaint likes this.
  17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

A win this weeeknd will improve your record. Is that what you meant?

thereisonlyoneno7 and sotonsaint like this.
  18. sotonsaint

<laugh>

Yea something like that !

19. sotonsaint

Yea I can believe it , crazy how things work out. I’m a model citizen these days(just about)not been in trouble with the law for many a year but unfortunetly it’s the dumb things you do in your younger years than come back and sting you.

Nope ,it’s all good I’ll just have to go back to Dubai instead , it’s a tough old world!

20. Saintmagic

I'm no expert but I was told that if your conviction was over 10 years ago then you don't have to declare it on the entry form thing. Then it is down to them whether or not they want to check or let you in. That may be complete bollocks though, and I guess it would depend on what the conviction was for. I know they are very tight on any drugs stuff