1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, May 8, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

After another victory over a club beginning with "M" (Man City, Man Utd, Middlesbrough and Midlands FC) Arsenal now visit the South Coast in search of a top 4 place.

When I was 11 or 12years old me and some mates wanted to re enact a scene in a war film where the US troops used explosives disguised a dog **** (may have been the dirty dozen but not sure). It must have been around fireworks night cos we had loads of bangers. After wandering around in the semi dark looking for a big pile of **** we found one that we thought was big enough to take around 10 or 12 bangers. The 2 coolest kids had lighters so they got to light them.
    Being 11 or 12 yrs old it never occurred to us that the fuses might be quite short on bangers. Fortunately for me, I was not a cool kid with a lighter...after the 7th or 8th banger was lit the 1st exploded ... the cool kids stood up in shock ... not looking cool any more with **** splattered from their chest upwards...then the 2nd and 3rd exploded covering them in yet more **** from the waste down.
    Us old non cool kids cried with laughter while new non cool kids wandered off in a stunned silence with the banger still exploding splattering **** at the back of them.

Watching Maureen and his man utd team leaving the pitch on sunday reminded me of the pained and puzzled look the cool kids had as the bangers exploded.

Anyhow...
    It's now 4 wins out of 5 so now there is a desperate attempt by the Arsenal board to change Southampton's name to "Most Teams Feeder Club FC" in an attempt to keep up this run.

This has caused outrage on Merseyside as Next Year Is Our Year FC believed they had exclusive rights to feeder clubs' players.

The win over United has kept the top 4 hope well and truely alive for Wengers boys.
    These hopes were also helped by Most Teams Feeder Club FC getting a draw against their old boys at Anfield.

Arsenal fans were very happy at the weekend. By happy I mean they weren't beating crap out of one another for liking/ hating/ trusting/ not want to kill Wenger.

Wenger himself actually stayed for all of his Sky post match interview too!

Southampton's main tactics will be:

1) singing their stupid version of a great spurs song <whistle>

2) not being portsmouth

3) hoping that agent Walcott reverts back to type after he malfunctioned against them in the fa cup and scored a hattrick.

Apart from renaming Southampton, Arsenal will use their tried an tested tactics of:

1) Deciding on the night if they can be bothered to try or not

2) Whining at the ref a lot

They will also be trying a new tactic of:

1) Lending them Walcott and Xhaka for the night

2) reminding Ramsey and Ozil that they are actually footballers in real life not just in FIFA 16

As per, you will not accept my sincerest best wishes for the match so here's hoping you end the night wandering away from the south coast resembling the cool kids <whistle>

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Seeing as you're a guest on our board, I won't mention that that dog **** n bangers analogy would perfectly describe the Spurs players faces after West Ham scored the other night <whistle>

Anyway, great thread <ok> We're going to have to keep you for next season too, this place needs a secretary ....

3. remembercolinlee

Play nicely mo fo <grr>
    Or I may bring up how you lot looked as you skulked away after the NLD <whistle>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You'll be on minimum wage faster than I can say 13 league titles to 2, if you do that <grr>:)

remembercolinlee likes this.
  5. remembercolinlee

<laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Wow what utter tosh from Wenger

There has been speculation recently that Arsenal striker Lucas Perez has been linked with a return to Spain, frustrated at a lack of playing opportunities with the Gunners.

Perez, 28, joined for £17.1m in August and has scored seven times in all competitions, but has only started two Premier League games.

"He is a top quality striker, I couldn't give him the games he wants and deserves and I feel sorry for him," said Wenger.

"Don't take anything away from his quality. I would love to (keep him) if I am the manager but we have to sit down together and see if he has a reasonably chance to play or not.

How about playing him over your love children in Giroud and co.... guy looks good, produces when he comes on but never gets any starts. You wonder why you even bothered paying 18m for him

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

****** "A Masterpiece" - Thanks For That Brian

***** "I cried" - Pep Guardiola

* "Say anything like that again and I set Fellaini on you" - Jose Mourinho

:****** - "Who am I?" - Arsene Wenger

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

9. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

"Despite being a Wednesday night match the game will not be broadcast live on TV."

Sux!

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

On any channel ?!

11. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

12. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

In a bar in Barcelona. Hard to focus.... everyone rooting for athletico Madrid.

Also watching the pace of the games between the two games is a bit embarrassing :)

13. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Arsenal fans should be more excited about Holding.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Nice bright start from us, without really creating any clear cut chances yet.

15. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Ox injured again. So unlucky anytime he looks anywhere near getting in the team he has a setback. Cannot be just bad luck...

TheBear likes this.
  16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

He has been good over the last few games too.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Real blow losing Ox, he's been one of our best players recently

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fairly tepid half overall ...

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It can't be broadcast in Europe because it's a CL night, dems da rulz

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge