1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SOS Paul Wotton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by hp_bedoboy, Sep 11, 2011.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

I for one would welcome him back now with open arms...he has the guts and determination for the club. Just imagine we got out of admin. soon, the team improves with new players and maybe captains the team for a third promotion. Worth a shot in my view :emoticon-0112-wonde :emoticon-0103-cool:

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Given what we did to him previously would he be quite so green now? I understand your sentiments though and we definately need somebody like him. The simple fact is that we cannot afford the sort of player we got then so the chances of a successful side gets slimmer by the week. If only........................

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

What we did to him then was wrong and under the old board. Probably a couple of years left in him still and probably not on too high a salary at Yeovil. I'm sure he's sick to death like the rest of us whats going on. Also confident once out of admin. he would relish the idea of returning to HP to end his career.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wonder what sought of Manager he would make ?.................Does anyone know if he has got his coaching badges............we do have a vacancy ?

5. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I respect all your opinions, but I think he's a bully to his own team members on the pitch and an arrogant so and so off it and was glad when he went .... he was at the match yesterday by the way

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well it's an opinion Gat I'll give you that but not one a lot would share I think. The squad in the promotion years were the closest knit team I think I have ever seen at Argyle. I'm not sure if bullying on the pitch and off it would have gone unnoticed. As for his personal demeanor I can't comment as I ever met the man. You cannot deny that he would have walked through walls for the club and was a local lad who always had Argyle in his heart. Maybe a bit of kicking is what the youngsters need but who knows. I don't think it will happen anyway so doubt we will ever know.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was bad the way they let him go as if he was damaged goods and no good anymore...........thats long service for you, not always fully appreciated..........showed us what the bosses at Argyle were doing at the time...........not a lot.

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

There was a lot of unrest in the changing room so that could have had something to do with it !

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Any unrest was with a different squad and manager several yrs. ago.....but he's worth at least 2 relatively unknown players alone and most importantly will add a few more bums on seats.

10. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I think with Wotton you have to consider that a successful Captain will need to bully/put pressure on the players he is on the pitch with - as well as hand out praise when due.

I imagine most of Man Utd's players hated playing with Roy Keane but they all say he was the best Captain they have played under.

11. greenjock

greenjock Member

Wootton and Graham Coughlan back in some capacity would stir things up a bit. Wootton was not quite Championship standard in my opinion, but at least he would have put up a fight. Couldn't fault his commitment that's for sure. Heard he was at the game on Saturday. Wonder what he made of the performance?

12. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Thats what made him a good player and leader though Gat. You will find that with a lot of players the arrogance is what gets them to the top, self belief.
    He could still do a good job at this level but never been a great fan of players/managers returning to their old club it rarely works out.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Except Tommy (the greatest) Tynan and Mickey Evans (the promoted). I'd be hard pressed to think of another great return though.

14. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Oh and Sturrock of course <whistle>

Wonder if Tommy T could get an afternoon off Saturday and digs the boots out. Couldn´t be any worse than what we have at the moment and he can´t have lost any pace.

15. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

He is still banging them in for the Argyle Legends. You could be on to something mexijan. ;)

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Forgot Sturrock mexijan so thanks for reminding me.....................no really thank you...............no really.