1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sorry, but someone is having a serious laugh at Fernandes here

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by danishqp, Jan 2, 2013.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Gary Neville once described David Luiz as a play station player being controlled by a 10 year old. Well I'm afraid our fiscal policy has been the same as a 5 year old playing Monopoly for the first time.
    Figures below are conservative, undoubtedly more to be added succ as leased cars,Agents,Youth team etc. They all lead to Tony Fernandes winning the Incompetent Businessman of the year award. The man has simply forgotten the basic rules of Business - Build the right team -

Human Resources - Attain an organisation based on values and loyalty with a healthy perspective to succession planning.
    Finance - Ensure that the Business goals are achieved with the right risk portfolio.
    Operations - Generally speaking, in charge of keeping the Ship on a straight line.

Tony has failed to address any of the above and is as clueless and culpable as Hughes ever was. I've just got the feeling that TF has not only been supremely played by Ecclestone and Briatore but also by the Great Shark Mittal who is waiting in the wings ready to bite (The Mittal team is not so blind). Please do not you be blind, the below numbers are truly unsustainable and we'll be paying most of those wages for years to come even when they are playing/managing other teams. Tony Fernandes sir, leave now while you still can and leave it to the real businessman Mittal - You tried and have failed, remember below doesn't even include transfer fees!!!

Conservative yearly budget - Estimated Total 73.05 Million English Pounds Sterling!!!

Green 2.5 M Diakite 2 M Johnson 2 M Team Management 7 M
    Cesar 4 M Derry 1 M Zamora 2.5 M Physios/Training (etc) 2 M
    Murphy 0.3 M Park 3 M Cisse 3 M Executive Management 3 M
    Taarabt 2 M Travel costs (Matchday) 0.5 M
    Ferdinand 1.75 M SWP 2.5 M Admin-Legal 1.5 M
    Nelsen 1.75 M Dyer 1.5 M Ground Maintanance 0.5 M
    Traore 1 M Granero 3 M Tax Bill 3.5 M
    Onouha 1.75 M Mbia 2 M Other costs 2 M
    Bosingwa 3 M Barton 2 M
    Hill 1 M Faurlin 1.2 M
    Da Silva 1 M Ephrahim 0.8 M
    Young 1.5 M Mackie 1 M
    A.N.Others 1.5 M Hoilett 2.5 M

2. thisismyengland

thisismyengland Active Member

A good point and well made. I wonder if you'll be thanked for this.

3. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Can't help seeing a parallel with the Irish property and banking fiasco; we had a 'great' time for a few years but when the party ended the house the car and everything else was gone, we're in administration and we're going to be paying it back for several generations.

Don't get the bit about Mittal though; why is it in his interest if the club continues to rack up massive debt? Someone's going to have to pick up the tab for that.

Oh to have a prudent owner who vets carefully ALL expenditure and keeps his eye on the ball.

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Where did you get the figures Danish?

Seems that the growing swell of opinion on here is that Tony should sell up and ship out, based on the assumption that the Mittals are interested in owning the club. But surely we don't want more rich owners, and especially not owners who dare to dream, if financial stability is the main aim? Better off with a Delia Smith type figure then.

5. thisismyengland

A few people believe this assumption to be false. The rumours I've heard from time to time are more around the Mittals looking to sell their stake at the soonest sensible opportunity.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I suspect that's true. Mittal himself has commented on his lack of interest in football. He and his son in law are investing in supporting development of Indian sport a lot though. I don't see what they get from QPR. At least Fernandes has a theoretical tie in with visibility/ profile for all his consumer brands. Of course that would work rather better if we were any good.

7. SingRs

SingRs Active Member

So, once again we are left with slagging off Tony Fernandes with some guesstimates of figures and no facts concerning funding streams. There is no doubt that we are paying big wages but that doesn't mean that TF is as "clueless and culpable as Hughes was".

Football club finance is far more complex than listing some assumed wage bills. Facts, please.

8. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

If these figures are correct,and not addressed,
    could read QUEENS PARK ( PORTSMOUTH )

9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

This. Seriously none of us know f'all about our club's finances and it really bugs me the amount of crap presented as fact.

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Very witty.

Out of genuine interest, who was Hughes' biggest signing for Fulham? And what do you pay Berbatov?

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I agree, but grow a thicker skin, the speculation is fun and helps fuel the growing sea of self pity and blame apportionment some fans need.

I don't think it can be disputed that some of our purchases have offered very poor value for money, whether we an afford them or not.

12. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Have you included 'matchday programme' sales into your balance sheet?

13. SingRs

SingRs Active Member

That's an altogether different point which I very much agree with...

14. QPR-Franckster

QPR-Franckster Active Member

Sorry....but those figures either need a source...QPR haven't released financials yet? Or you are simply scaremongering. You also know nothing of investor up front cash investments towards those wages, nor mentioned income from the Premier League or take into account potential relegation clauses in and around wages....which I can't believe Phil B hasn't included.

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Last published accounts for the club were dated 31 May 2011. Next accounts due date is 28 February 2013. They will probably be brief, but should at least include a balance of assets vs liabilities.

All figures quoted elsewhere are probably from websites like transfer market.com, which are guesses, educated or otherwise.

16. thisismyengland

Tell me which part of the thread involves "slagging off" Fernandes? Because I seem to have missed it. Or perhaps "slagging off" is your term for expressing concern about the competence of the owners. Is it only people who don't support QPR who are allowed to wonder a bit about the latest crazy chapter in this club's chaotic history? Is it an act of unforgivable disloyalty when it comes from a Rangers supporter?

17. QPR12thman

QPR12thman Active Member

I cringe every time someone says TF is the best owner we've ever had. We are sh*t on the field, headed for the npc with probably the highest wage bill in the history of the club. He'd be crucified by shareholders if we were a publicly listed company. The guy tries hard and has good intentions but so does Shaun Derry. It doesn't make him good at what he does. I've finally seen what happens when someone who knows f*** all about football tries to take the reigns. Whether he's a good businessman or not is clearly irrelevant in this industry. I don't want him to leave because he needs to fix this f***ing mess.

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

19. danishqp

I think you'll find that these figures although absolutely alarming will generally be on the conservative side. The figures bandied about are usually 25% exagerrated which is the figures used here. Suggest that when you see Bosingwa is paid 65 grand a week (Source Mr.H Redknapp) which is 3.38M gross a year, I have actually calculated 3 M without the usual add ons. The figures there are not for scaremongering, they are the likely situation that we are in, let's not forget that we have made each and every one of our major purchases in the last 3 windows in desperation -which in all likelihood makes those figures seem rather low.

This gents, is as serious as it gets, and for those questioning why the Mittals will be happy to see Fernandes go down, I have no answer, can say though that he is streets ahead in savvy compared to Tony. Don't get me wrong, I think the man is genuine, but just in the same way that Chris Wright was genuine and a true supporter.

20. danishqp

Pure guestimates Stan from all the rumours and figures bandied about. It got me right in the throat when Harry came out with the 130 grand for 2 weeks work as I thought he would be around the 50 mark at most. Green's wages are quoted in most places at 50 which sounds about right considering he came free. Cesar is quoted at 100 but I went with 80 - You can see my drift - They are just guestimates and knowing my Financial Department's ability at flowering balance sheets I'm sure it wont come out in Feb but I'd hanker a strong feeling I'm not far off and more than likely under cooking it.

As for the desire and dreams - Everyone needs them and they are what should drive us in life.

I'll tell you a little story - I spend a lot of time with the young ones in my Dept. and do a few motivation workshops. The one that always makes me laugh is the responses I get when I ask them what they see from a picture which shows a small kitten staring at a lion in the mirror. They all tell me that they can be anything they want to be, that the sky is the limit with self belief.

You know what I tell them - I see someone who is ill prepared, delusions of grandeur, a dreamer that doesn't want to put in the hard work to be succesful. Now that's the obvious cynic in me but I believe in sustained success, and yes it can be a tad boring and take time, I just can't stand this belief that money cures everything and if it doesn't just throw a bit more at it and see.

Hell in a hand cart but no doubt will see you in Hell the few times I am back!!

Happy New Year to all.