1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Song

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by merrysupersteve, May 9, 2011.

1. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

he's a dirty wee bastard, isn't he?

2. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

I don't think so, its just when he is outclassed or has a bad game then he resorts to petty fowling which annoys the **** out of me. He was better last season.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He is the master of anti football <ok>

4. robin_van_ fiberglass

Unlike Fletcher who is 'only on the pitch to make fouls'? :wink:

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Wha cha doin wumming our board, I thought you were all licking Fergie's arse over on the Utd board?

6. Kamran - KingKoscielny

Kamran - KingKoscielny Active Member

Does anyone remember the Man Utd v Arsenal game earlier this season? Fletcher manhandled the referee during the game and didn't even get booked for it.

Ooh and Ferdinand also fly kicked Sagna during that game.

7. Big Dave

Big Dave New Member

If you have a look at the BBC sport article about Stoke's wingers today, theres quite an interesting table about half way down showing Song has a 76% tackle success rate, one of the highest in the league, so if he's poor i don't know what that makes everyone else!

Also, I wouldn't say he pointlessly runs around, he puts pressure on opposition midfielders, covers the gaps and gives our midfield its dynamism. I'm not saying he's the best in the world at what he does, but if your looking for weak links in this Arsenal side then he is certainly not the place to start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2011/05/committed_stoke_aim_to_unlock.html

8. robin_van_ fiberglass

I think Song is a decent enough player, but is not as good as good as he was last year which is probably due to not getting a rest in the summer. On his good days he shields the ball well, doesn't give away cheap fouls and is a strong presence in the centre of midfield. However those good days come too rarely for my liking and although you would not describe him as poor in his normal games he can still become a hinderance with his annoying habit of bundling players over when he has no chance of getting the ball. I think he needs an experienced holding midfielder to learn from so that he can improve his discipline.