1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Feb 10, 2018.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No one from his last transfer window is still with us at the club - says a lot.

Ron-Robert Zieler
    Luis Hernández
    Raúl Uche
    Nampalys Mendy
    Ahmed Musa
    Bartosz Kapustka
    Islam Slimani

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

He is obviously very talented but, like with some players, the move just hasn’t seemed to work out for him.

The players are very talented probably (hard to tell) but I think he probably had a bit more control over how to use them here - i.e. ‘this is what he is good at and this how you need to use him’ and Pearson would do that, whereas he probably didn’t have that power at Everton (or with any other manager).

Also, signing unknown players who turn out to be fair better than the division that they play in is very different to buying players to make an immediate impact at the top level which is what they wanted. Kane apart, from what I remember non of his signings made immediate impact to the top level, all playing in the championship first or taking time to adjust (assuming Huth wasn’t one of ‘his’).

I’d welcome him back here with open arms but obviously we now have a very able person in his position who managed to unearth/oversee Maguire, Iborra, Diabate and the likes of Silva and Ihenacho who look good but are still a bit of an unknown. I think N’didi was Walsh? I’d they could work different roles, he could be a real asset again.

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

It is looking like hes overreaching slightly as DoF, but fair play on him having a go.

Im sure we'd welcome him back, but its not like the position is available at the moment, Diabate is looking a better signing already than all those bigfox listed (bar Slimani).

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

He was always great at uncovering gems and I thought given our standing now we were past that stage. However Diabate has changed my mind that there are low cost gems out there so with that in mind I’d never say no to Walsh back