1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some Thoughts....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by aerospacemango, Jul 14, 2011.

1. aerospacemango

I have, perhaps, been conspicuous by my absence over the last few weeks....

I'd like to put it down to life-changing experiences or the finding of a new girl....

But I can't.

Really, it's down to the overall pessimism of you lot....the fans! Harsh as it may sound, but I check on here a few times a day, and all I see is doom and gloom. It's not just here, either, but on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.

We make a couple of signings, and there are those amongst you who cannot wait to tear into them. Dyer is a case in point.

We all know he hasn't played a lot of football over the last 3-4 seasons, and some of you are awfully quick to point that out, but IF he stays fit, then he could well be a blinding signing. Yes, it's a BIG IF! But it IS possible.

The phrase "In Warnock We Trust" is bandied about, but it seems that a hardcore of our fans have still not learnt to trust his judgement.

We have 30+ days left before the start of the season....Much more before the end of the transfer window, and yet you all seem to want it NOW! SIGN SOMEONE NOW, COS I CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Let's be realistic, we have plenty of time to sign those defenders, and maybe a midfielder or two. Whether those players are signed now, in two weeks time, or the day before the window slams shut, I have faith in the abilities of our manager to gel them into the team.

And whilst I'm on the subject of moaning....Yes, we want to see the new shirt, but FFS, it's hardly the most important thing in the world is it? Perhaps they're just gonna take the Championship badges off last seasons model?

Chill the **** out! WE ARE QPR, and I believe that we will be there to stay!

Now, I've said my piece....feel free to shoot me down!

Respect to ALL you, Hoops!

2. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

3. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

Mango I'm with you, but unfortunately this is a democracy and people are entitled to their opinions, even if it is just to whinge whinge whinge.

To be honest I can understand that people are unhappy to a degree, but what I just can't understand is when I here fans saying that they're not going to support the club anymore because of the way it's being run???? To me this is just unfathomable and ludicrous. Why would you not support the club if you are a supporter, just because of the owners??

I like most would love to see Mittal buy the club, but no matter who owns us I will always support my team. But Mango, you too should continue to use the sight to give your positive views regardless of how others might not agree. That's what makes for a good debate. Also I think a lot of the doom and gloom is just contagious and the remedy for that is some positive thinkers, even if we are the minority. I seem to remember being in the same position last year, but look how last season turned out.

4. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Well said Aero, good to have you back.

I do think, however, that there's a difference between whinging and genuinely believing a player/team is not up to scratch. Should one have legitimate reservations about the quality of someone they should say it.

Still, I agree there's a fine line between that and jumping on the "woe are us" bandwagon.

5. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

Mango, me old china - well said.

Too many moaning minnies around, who see all the turmoil, who see the boardroom and ownership uncertainty, who see all the ludicrous lies printed in the red-tops in lieu of actual journalism, and they forget that the coin has a second side.

They forget that we have just signed a current England International striker. They forget the great players we have, and the great backroom staff we have. They forget that we're in the position that Cardiff, Leeds, Forest, Reading, and all the other clubs still in the Championship would love to be in. They forget that their fixtures next season include trips to Southampton, Milwall and Brighton whilst ours include Old Trafford, Anfield and The Emirates.

They forget that we will be lining up, in just under a month's time, in the best league in the world, with our place there earned on merit.

WE ARE QPR!!!!!!!!

6. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Mango - i always enjoy reading your comments, and quite often agree you. Whilst I do trust NW's judgement, and agree that Dyer, when he has been fit has been a quality player, but he has hardly played over the last 4 years. I hope he proves me wrong but I just think that his is a massive risk. If he is on a pay as you play deal then the club won't get stitched up. However, I am also the eternal optomist that thinks that Rob Hulse will score goals this coming season..and that this will be the year of Troy Hewitt.

I am Rangers through and through, and think we will stay up.

7. queenslandrangers

queenslandrangers Well-Known Member

i think that as there has been nothing really to talk about since may, player and fottball wise. and the only oher things have been the way the owners of the club have treeted a large portion of the fans badly. and what look like the fact we had no budget to buy players. i see why every on was getting frustrated. but i think most people know will be a lt happpier now that players are coming in.

8. james the one

james the one New Member

In answer to all the above mail. i do agree, but having blue & white blood in my veins for so many years now I am not carried away with all this so called great signing, sorry my feet are fully on the ground. Lety me be wrong please, so lets wait and see if I am? Read my post earlier! I find it very hard to bring some of you down to earth but will keep trying all the same as I always "Keep the faith" have nothing else to do!! OH! yes, get another bottle of rum, Jim Lad!! Ha,Ha!

9. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

well said. my opinion (for what it's worth) - i think we'd all agree that dyer on his day is a class act, i have no idea what terms he's on, but i can't see that he's on that good a contract given his past, so worth a punt! neil is no mug and must have seen something in him and he's a far better judge than any of us. even if we only get 15 games out of him (may be optimistic), he has decent experience at international level and top level experience is something that we lack.

this could be our surprise signing.

10. Swords Hoopster

It is indeed an extremely difficult task at times Jimmy.

11. RangersHQ-Norfolk

We've probably all resulted to moaning due to boredom cos there's no bloody Rangers to watch !!!!

12. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Some thoughts? It's been an emotional time with a great deal of frustration. This is a message board presumably there for the purpose. What do we expect of ourselves?

For most teams riding for promotion, not to mention the chance to do so as champions, that is an emotional and frustrating experience in itself.

Since the emergence of the FA charges, we've had to stand and watch a number of issues fly in the face of our natural expectations. Extremely frustrating for all.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that this has left many of us feeling dejected. We are the effect, not the cause. The only remedy for most is to see transfer activity. It seems it doesn't even matter what the quality of that transfer activity is - just as long as there is some.

You did the right thing mango, if you can't stand the heat...

13. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

If you feel the present regime does not have the best long term interests of our club at heart.
    I'd say a QPR MB, was the correct place to vent your frustrations.
    CARRY ON MOANING!:)

14. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I was going to reply to this last night when I got home from work, but resisted the urge in fear of writing something I may regret.

It is of course your prerogative Mango to do as you see fit, but to avoid this board just because you don't agree with what's being said is frankly childish. This is a forum. & the purpose of forums is to discuss things, we may not agree with everything that's said, or anything for that matter. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with healthy debate, it's what makes the world tick!

Brixton has already has already touched on a point I was going to make, we've all been through an emotional roller coaster since April, are we promoted. aren't we? No celebrations, extortionate ticket price increases, no signings, possible takeover & so on. And what do we hear from the club? Absolutely nothing as usual! Hence the frustration spilling over onto the pages of this board.

Yes, we will make more signings, & I fully trust Sir Neil to get in the best quality he can to give us a fighting chance of staying in the top flight.

As for having a pop at Keiron Dyer, what did you expect? Banners in the streets, proclaiming a fantastic signing? Now don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope that it works out, & he proves to be a real gem. But, he's played 15 games out of the last 150 at west Ham. If they couldn't get/keep him fit, then what makes you think we can? Unless we've taken on Harry Potter as our new Physio! As I said, I really hope this works out, both for him & the club.

Regarding the kit, I wouldn't care if we played in bin bags!

15. Swords Hoopster

HOOPS ETERNAL's on the war-path!

Goo on my son! :D

16. Northolt-QPR

So am I it looks like we've just replaced Taarabt with Dire!

17. Northolt-QPR

Warnock just said "We're struggling with Bosmans"
    Nothing to moan about?

18. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I take your point Mango but the effect on positivity of speculation about boardroom unrest and wage/transfer kitty restrictions (to the point of embargo) do tarnish our times of optimism.

Football is a means of escapism for a lot of us and, as such, we have dreams and aspirations for the club. Some of these are totally unrealistic but, until a day or so ago, we were fed nothing to be hopeful about at all.

Personally, I'm a lot happier now than last week and I think you'll start to see the fans gearing up for the season with our normal "I'd do it this way" conjecture.

Discussions on whether Dyer can recapture old form is part of the debate and as relevant as asking if Gavin Mahon should have been kept and used as an impact, goal-scoring super sub - it's the opinions that matter on a discussion board. At least now the balance between positive and negative has been restored.

...and no, I wouldn't have kept Mahon. :D

19. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

In fairness to you Mango you are articulating what many of us feel at times and it's honest. None of us can say that there havent been times when we've opened the page glanced at the thread titles and ran like feck for the hills. The titles reflect the frustration and impotence of the majority of fans and as such are a useful barometer of the health of the club if anyone's bothered to notice.
    My natural disposition is to look down the road and not to get too hooked up in the immediate. But I miss out on things that way and the forum is a great way of yanking me back to the here and now. There are some great debates here and fun too and we all keep coming back for more just like you Mango.

20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Well said, Hoops Eternal. There's nowt wrong with a reasoned pop at the owners when they deserve it, and recently they've deserved it frequently. The vast majority of QPR fans will be there for the team come August 13. There's no excuse not to be.