1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some questions about the upcoming Premier League season

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Daveunited, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

1. Will Man City be beaten at the Etihad stadium and, or will a team keep a clean sheet there?

2. Will a team stop Man Utd from scoring at home? ( since Aston Villa did it in 09/10)

3. Will Arsenal have a player sent off in their opening game against Sunderland?

4. Will Man Utd win at Stamford Bridge, Anfield or possibly both?

5. Will the 3 newly promoted teams avoid relegation for the 2nd consecutive season?

2. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1. Yes I do believe City will be beaten at the Etihad. Chelsea and Sunderland came awfully close last season and I don't believe City will be as formidable at home. Especially as they will be expected to go further in the CL which will take it's toll. And they are the team to beat now.

2. The London teams don't have a chance. I reckon City or Liverpool might or at a push Newcastle but United are very formidable at home (unless City play there) so you never know

3. No

4. Not at Anfield but United might at the Bridge. Chelsea have pretty much a new team now and we play Spurs a week before so who knows

5. Can't see it myself. I think Reading will go. Southampton are the only ones I'm confident will stay up

3. joe harts dance instructor

1. Honestly don't think so.

2.No

3. More than likely

4. At Anfield

5. Can only see Reading struggling.

4. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

1.Yeah, I think a team in the relagation dog fight will nick a win.

2. Nope

3. Probably

4. Think we'll get two draws.

5. One of the three will go down.

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1. Going unbeaten, probably not. Mancini will be tempted to play more attacking football now the first title is in the bag, and when you do that you always risk a home defeat. He'd need a Mourinho esque level of defensiveness to go another 19 without defeat, particularly given how much the defence relies on Kompany.

And someone will keep a clean sheet there. I think Utd are the only team to score against every team at home two seasons in a row.

2. Yes, someone will keep a clean sheet against us at home. See above - it's much easier to avoid defeat at home than it is to score in every home game. Eventually someone will park a big enough bus.

3. Probably not.

4. Depends. If Rodgers and Di Matteo can get Liverpool and Chelsea in top four and title contention respectively then we'll probably beat one of them. They'll have less of an incentive to raise their game against us if their own campaigns are going well. If the wheels are coming off, like they did this season, then the game against us will become more important and we probably won't win.

5. No. QPR, Reading and Southampton to go down in my opinion. Possibly Wigan if Southampton can get a decent run of form going at some point.