1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some of you disgust me...

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jammy 07, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Following our defeat to QPR a number of posters were of the opinion that the players collectively gave less than 100%. The accusations included a lack of mental preparation for the task at hand as well as a lack of physical effort on the pitch during the game.

Well, my fair weather friends your comments and observations frankly display a total lack of understanding of the mission our club is currently undertaking to regain our place in the upper echelons of professional football.

To those of you who defended both the players and the performance I applaud you. Clearly you're aware of the amount of effort that has gone into this season from the moment Marcello Bielsa was appointed as head coach. No stone has been left unturned in the pursuit of success and all the players, coaching staff and indeed the entire club as a whole have been at one in trying to achieve this season's objective of promotion.

Everyone on a public forum is entitled to their opinion but if that involves criticizing my/our club and players I believe are fighting with everything they have, then you should fully expect to be challenged over those views. However, I've no stomach whatsoever to argue with people who are not 100% with and behind the best and only club worth supporting so I'll be leaving you all to it and each other...enjoy.

2. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

3. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

You been with OLOF on his sunday binge fest?

Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  4. Jammy 07

Just what I needed a bloody superhero (retired).

Might have to get one of those second accounts so I can reap my revenge...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    The-Don likes this.
  5. Jammy 07

Apparently it's unwise to accompany OLOF after dark these days as he's likely to lead you astray...

Irishshako and Eireleeds1 like this.
  6. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

In the thread title disgust is too strong, perhaps disappoint is a better term. I'm sure that none of us on here are new supporters of Leeds so we have probably seen a lot worse than this seasons performances? As the song goes we've been through it all together and we've had our ups and downs! So it disappoints me when a single player is picked on as being rubbish in a team game or last weeks heroes are this weeks garbage. We all get annoyed at a loss, I personally don't post much after a loss, others post perhaps a bit too much. We all react in different ways and there is space for each just don't expect too much credibility from me for those who argue that a player or the team is crap one week and new super heroes the next, essentially the same players who lost to QPR beat WBA 4-0 ?

w.c.dukenfield and ristac like this.
  7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Think it was forza that said those criticising lack of effort after qpr don’t have a clue about football, or words to that effect. However, Wakey seemed too busy trying to bitch-slap me with his legendary one-liners to notice or care:biggrin:

You didn’t seem so passionate about it then jammy, when you were liking his posts.

I sense that there is an element of ‘casual effortism’ about this thread and that the jamster has merely lit the touch paper after a few sherbets and stockpiled the popcorn.

I think those criticising the effort believe it to be true and are just passionate about the club, angry and disappointed. Forum’s are about expressing opinions, some of which involves getting frustrations off your chest.

davy, OLOF, southernwhite and 3 others like this.
  8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We pay our money - we get get give our opinions!

I for one havn't gone off on one, but even if I had the lads needed a kick up the ass after Tuesday!

davy, OLOF, southernwhite and 5 others like this.
  9. lifecheshirewhite

Bielsa was one of those not happy with the effort,he gave them a kick up the arse,glad he didn't accept the mediocrity like Jammy did or it may have happened again.<whistle>

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed there is no way Bielsa went to the players after the QPR defeat and said chin up “better luck next week” they would have got a severe bollocking from him. I watched a Pontus interview a good few weeks back, they asked what Bielsa was like and he was full of praise. They touched on half time team talks, Pontus said nobody dare utter a word, Bielsa talks non stop, if anyone interrupts they get a stare and told to shut up. Bielsa doesn’t take prisoners.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jammy has an opinion and to a certain degree I am with him. When I try and put a different spin on a poor performance I get called a happy clappy, but things are nowhere near as bad as when we had a certain poster who reveled in the bad. He always had a pre prepared script of I told you so, someones going to be paying me £50 soon, Radz is a bandit, the players are league 1..... Now we just have different opinions on certain players which is ok by me and in defence of Jammy the word 'disgust' is better than 'tranny' <laugh> you all know who you are

FORZA LEEDS and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  12. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Let's try and be honest, against QPR we made a right pigs ear of the game bury your head in the sand if you wish but the truth remains in the result.
    Against WBA completley the reverse they made a pigs ear of the game not us.
    Everyone should be allowed to have their say that's how you get debate, without debate no point in having a forum.
    Personally I am not in the "My team can do no wrong" brigade like some on here would like us to be.
    All on here have supported/ followed Leeds for years only to see "The Club" f*** things up, any wonder that we are all living on a knife edge in the run up to the end of the season when nothing short of 100% effort will do.

ellandback, OLOF, ristac and 7 others like this.
  13. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

If you think it’s bad on here try FB

They are probably moaning we didn’t put 5 past WBA

JonnyLosAngeles and Doc like this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

People need to realise,some go on Facebook to wind others up and some aren't probably even Leeds fans.It's probably TC complaining we didn't score five.

ristac and 2 pennth like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

<laugh><diva>

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

<laugh>

17. 2020VisionofLeeds

To be fair I was a bit disappointed too.

18. 2020VisionofLeeds

And thank heavens that doesn’t happen on here

19. lifecheshirewhite

No it doesn't,I know one comes over as a prawn sandwich eating Man u fan who accepts mediocrity,but he is a real Leeds fan I've met him.;)

ellandback likes this.
  20. Jammy 07

WTF are you talking about ???

This was Bielsa's response to question from a journalist (after QPR) about whether he was worried about the team losing energy at this important time of the season...clearly shaking his head in disbelief at the question and I quote;

" Your question has no basis, if you watched the game then you would see that this team has too much energy...and you are telling me this team has lost energy. What our team has shown in every game is that we have an excess of energy and it's clear you don't know what you're talking about as if there is something this team doesn't lack it's energy. If you look at the figures if there is a problem this team does not have it's a lack of energy, even if we have problems, as all teams do and it's not an opinion, just look at the figures and draw your own conclusions "

Does that sound like a coach who is was unhappy with the effort of his players ?

Your interpretation of what people actually say is not just ridiculous but also insulting. The best coach we have had in years, if not ever and you take his words and twist them to suit your own agenda that we lost because of a lack of effort by the players.

Hence my disgust which I think is fully justified.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    JonnyLosAngeles likes this.