1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some classic and very funny quotes from the legend George Best!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

Some classic and very funny quotes from the legend George Best!

"I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: "What's an IQ?" - Best on Paul Gascoigne.

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life"

"I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes" - Best on the blood transfusion after his liver transplant.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"

"I used to go missing quite alot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss world."

"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head the ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright" - Best on David Beckham

"Pele called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life."

"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging miss world, it'd be a hard choice. Thankfully, i've done both"

2. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Top Draw, the game needs more like him (not pissheads) characters. I'm old enough (just) to remember seeing him run down the wing at Roker Park.