1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So we're better than last season eh

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Theres been a few suggestions in various posts recently that we're better than last season. I'd like to see someone justify that stance now

2. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

We are ****e,end of story,a serious shake-up urgently required,players don`t deserve to get any pay at all,useless shower

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Our best first team's arguably better than last season's, but I don't think anyone's claimed for a second that we have the required strength in depth, and we all know that's what costs teams over the course of a (usually 50+ game) season. Of course that's something we have the chance to put right in January.

4. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Chance? - yes, but I wouldn't like to bet on it. Even if Larry brought in some really good players he'd use them incorrectly or piss 'em off. As I have stated elsewhere, I think the biggest problem is Larry's lack of motivational/management skills.

5. Eireleeds1

I for one, don't want to see Larry given funds in January to squander. I would like to see him sacked tonight, get a decent manager in place and give him the 3m rumoured money there is supposed to be. At least a new man would have a decent chance of getting into top six with five or six inspired signings. Our current Grayson setup is stale and past it's sell by date

6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

who would you go for eire

7. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

" Great Expectations "

8. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

Could we honestly go for a better manager though....

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't know if it is, Clayton was on fire at the start of the season but is he playing any better than Johnson was? Becchio isn't playing any better he has took a step backwards and Gradel has left us and we had Lichaj at the end of the season.

10. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

we`re doomed,doomed i say Captain Mainwaring

11. Eireleeds1

I suppose realistically, it'll have to be someone currently unemployed as we haven't the pulling power to poach anyone good from a rival club.
    Two names Phil Brown or Steve Coppell would both have the calibre I believe to manage us

12. lifecheshirewhite

<laugh>.wtf you been drinking,browns awful and coppell quits if you lose 3 on the run.not happy at the mo but would prefer Grayson to them.

13. Malvin P Lawnmowerparts

ffs! Coppell and Brown??? Think you need to start drinking it with a bit more water mate...

14. Eireleeds1

Fair enough youu don't agree with my ideas for a new manager. Why not put your own ideas forward as in names. Easy to say someone else's opinion is bollocks and then shut your mouth

15. lifecheshirewhite

That's the problem m8,the type we need wont come,and the sh-t that would we don't want.maybe would go for some new coaching staff/scouts.Dario Gradi from Crewe maybe.David Platt,Bruce Grobbelaar,Robbie Savage,Danny Murphy,Dean Ashton,Maynard at Bristol,are all his finds.

16. Malvin P Lawnmowerparts

I'm happy with grayson at the helm so have no need to offer alternatives. Is that ok with you?

17. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I do think Grayson has taken Leeds as far as he can.
    My replacement would be Ray Wilkins, if we could get him, the only trouble with that is....he may get that little BASTARD Dennis Wise as an assistant, but i think Wilkins is level headed, been around in the aspect of working with big names, and you will learn good habits from these guys....thoughts.

18. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

We are better than last season, we're on a bad run of form. It happens to almost every team at some point but we just like to declare it's the end of the season when we're on ours.

19. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

if we're looking at out of work managers we might as well have Strachan, I think he'd be a better option than Wilkins. Not sure he'd be an improvement on what we already have though to be honest.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jones and Dowie are both looking to get back into management, I would hate to see either of those just as much as Keane or Sven, with the other two unemployed I think Brown is the best of those and we know Sven wouldn't take the job without millions to waste so we are okay there.

I know most here hate him but I feel Billy Davies would be the best option out of the unemployed list, would I prefer him over Grayson, no I wouldn't and that is the problem as already mentioned, we are not in a position to attract a decent manager away from any of the other top teams.

Stick with Grayson, give him money to spend, if he wastes it then at the end of the season kiss him goodbye.