1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So We Lose At Home To Sunderland...

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

...with a late own goal 0-1 after being on top for most of the game. The crowd boo’s as we have now hit relegation form big time! We go out of the cup on penalties against Division 2 side Mansfield Town on Tuesday... pressures on Warnock for the away match at Sheffield Wednesday, again a 0-1 defeat! Is it possible that the calls will be out for the head of the 68 year old? Can this unlikely scenario possibly happen...just saying? :emoticon-0103-cool:

C01D56C1-6B54-42DE-8220-EEC1D444EC82.jpeg ..

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

This is actually a difficult question. Some clubs may well sack their manager after such a run, although given the circumstances it would be harsh. VT does appear to stand by his man and allowed Trollope some time, but Solksjaer was let go fairly quickly.
    I guess it's whether VT thinks NW can turn it around or not.
    Could the bad run have come at a better or worse time? Just before the transfer window. Two trains of thought spring to mind.
    1. A garbage December, no points from 12, poor performances and players injured. Time to change manager, bye bye Neil.
    or
    2. He's done brilliantly well on and off the pitch until December, some great transfers at low cost, we're still in the top 6 as most people thought we may be, others said mid-table obscurity. He's done a dam fine job. Keep him for the foreseeable future.

I prefer scenario 2. What are your thoughts?

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've questioned some of Warnock's team selections recently and also things like his need to keep Feeney for the rest of the season, but any suggestion that he should be removed because of these past 4 league results is bloody farcical.

The guy has transformed this club which was running out of steam and heading for the basement under both Slade and Trollope. He's brought a new vitality that has seen the profile of the club rocket this past 15 months.

He has got the best out of a selection of inherited players and brought in key players like Bamba and Hoilett. The problem for him is that once you've got the best out of your players there is nowhere left to go unless you replace some of them.

He needs the right sort of funds this window to bring in players that can make a difference - Feeney's retention does not achieve that. If he fails having been given that financial support, then that is the time to really question his position.

4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

He's done a hreat job to get us where we are for very little. Some of the boys have run themselves into the ground and weve been unlucky with injuries. Let's see if he can unearth a few gems in January ready to go again. He hasn't wasted money like some of his predecessors so let's cut him some slack. Might want to put the new contract on ice for a bit though.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I go with Taff on this. Most successful teams (Man City and to an extent Wolves the exceptions so far this season) have a blip at some time. It is unfortunate ours has come at a time of maximum exposure but better now than March/April. Warnock has plenty of time and, it appears, board support to put this right.

I see Feeney as low cost ,ongoing cover for Kadeem who looks like being out for a few weeks more - if not longer.

Whoever we sign is the key to turning this around as well as getting everyone back to the fitness/sharpness levels of August and September. It was good to get Morro and Jazz back on the pitch on Saturday despite the awful game.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

One of the dangers is that Warnock will want to bring in players of whom he's had past experience. That can work (Bamba/Hoilett) but for every succes than can be failures (Chamakh/Richardson).

Another is Feeney who he knew previously. I've made my feelings obvious regarding him who I've seen as a complete waste of money and is not the sort of player that will win you a game either from starting or off the bench.

Warnock needs to listen to Blackwell and Jepson who could be more in tune with the current crop available out there. Only those players who can make a difference should be on the radar. Bench fillers or "squad members" to make up the numbers should be ignored in favour of blooding players we already have.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It of course is tempting to suggest a change at the helm if this scenario occurs (and the odds are pretty good it will) but a change is not going to improve results in the short term.

Too many clubs react too impetuously and hastily in the face of a poor run of form with the ideal a new management will bring immediate success.

Warnock deserves a medal for turning this club around on a shoestring last season and putting it 3rd halfway through this.

A dip in form was always likely especially with the injury situation and whilst it’s been horrid to witness the best available person to turn it round is the present incumbent.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I feel sure that Warnock will turn thinks around and we will be in the mix come May.

The hope is top 2 but I'll take top 6.

In Warnock we trust <cheers>

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

WTF!!..........<laugh>

I well remember the Wurzel fans chiming that about Johnson (senior) some time ago..........<ok>

10. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

masky masky masky your an evil man........but regards the pic, pulled finger!! I think she must have crawled up his arse 2 be in that kinda state...........anyway did the driver leave her on or did he beat her off with a bamboo stick <laugh>

ps neils ok for now.......ive been told hes happy with the clarks pie hamper for xmas he got and there`s nothing the anti pasti league can do about it.

11. ninian opinion

This thread can be put to bed now <doh>

DaiJones likes this.
  12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Agreed - but at least it is a thread - this place can be like the Marie Celeste on times.......<laugh>

DaiJones likes this.
  13. BluefromBridgend

Is there anybody out there? <yikes>

14. DaiJones

15. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I'm not here either.

DaiJones likes this.
  16. DaiJones

Must be a friendly are all like Giggs. <laugh> <whistle>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  17. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I'm here too but late due to a bad night's sleep!!!

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Too many sausages?

19. BluefromBridgend

About 30 seconds in - not very clear but you get my drift and then 6 minutes of a brilliant song. <ok>

Barry Tiger likes this.
  20. ninian opinion

....just nod if you can hear me.....

BluefromBridgend likes this.