1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours So thats it....

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Peej, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

And when asked about another possible approach for Stones on Thursday, Martinez said: "The player is not for sale and that is the end of it."

So Stones should be with us until at least Xmas then<ok>

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He was definitive, so he'd be made to look a right **** if we sold him now.

Not that I think for 1 minute it'll stop Chelsea having another punt before the deadline mind.

The only way he'll be leaving this window now, is if he tells the manager he wants to go and does a Lescott, and I don't think the lad is that type at all.

3. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

From speaking to barnsley fans and reading his limited interviews/articles he doesn't see the sort of player to demand a move or do a Lescott. He would sit on the bench at chelsea for most of the season and would be backup along with Zouma for a starting spot.

If he is sold (outside of this window) then I still expect it to be to united or city and not a London club

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I was told he was interested in the move but wasn't going to push for it, leaving it up to the club whether they accepted the bid or not.

Unless he suddenly decides it might be a 'now or never' moment, then I can't see that changing in the next couple of weeks, but you never know in this game.

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

The clubs stance from teh start has been he is not for sale. The club and Martinez will lose any credibility of they sell now without Stones coming out in the press to demand the move.

I still doubt he was ever interested in the move TBH, but that is just my opinion.

6. Ralph

Ralph Member

Does the club & manager have much credibility anyway? For what it's worth I don't think he will go anywhere this season. Although I expect him to be sold after the European championships next summer.

7. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

8. Ralph

Ralph Member

??

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover