1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So, how are we feeling now?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

So, the business is done for this window, there's been hope, then horror but overall it's been pretty negative up until the Toivenen signing gave us a lift.

Now that we are done, peoples thoughts? Personally delighted, we have added a lot of pace, we have added depth, and most importantly, in Lens, Ola, M'Vila & Fabio, genuine quality.

Defoe remains which despite some divide I think is great news, Costel is a top keeper, PVA will be better I think with Borini's graft in the side. Having his pace one side and Yedlin's the other is going to be a ****ing nightmare for teams to defend against and press us back.

I think this team will quickly start winning games, and I'm very happy with the business. We'd have liked a LB, but let's not forget, as many seem to have already, that PVA was one of our players of the year last season, he'll recover and improve.

Very happy man personally, and can't wait for Spurs.

2. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

I'm optimistic - think the only way is to steadily go up the league table now mid table mediocrity beckons <cheers>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  3. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Hold my hands up, I have been moaning like a lass on the wrag recently as I thought we were not going to buy any quality but I was wrong and am extremely happy with our business.

Now its just time to get the individuals playing as a team.

Mackem-Tiz and Gil T Azell like this.
  4. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

7 out of 10 for me on our window. Gutted we couldn't get rid of the driftwood so the wage bill will still be high. Much more positive on the signings shame we couldn't get another LB and CB though. Still think we will be in the relegation fight but at least we will make a fight of it now, 2 weeks ago we were going down with a whimper!!

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Think it was justified mate. Me & Funky agreed to bite lips until today, believe me I'd have went of like a bomb without the 3 in a week!

6. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I think that`s fair enough Nads. We were looking to upgrade and we have.

LB would have been icing on the cake really.

A bit disappointed we didn`t have a swoop though. Love a good swoop me.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

What you do in your free time is fine Pops, as long as it's legal ;)

grandpops likes this.
  8. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I'm pleased. I think that we'll comfortably avoid relegation.

There's something in our team that we've never had for a long time: pace.

Pace at the back with Yedlin and PVA, on the wings with Lens and Borini.

There's goals in this team that's for sure, it's just keeping it tight at the back that may well be an issue. Let's just win all games 3-2 then.

smithy in nl likes this.
  9. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

The defense will get better and we have good options going forward.

10. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

It's SAFC with pace I'm struggling to come to terms with. PACE at little ol Sunderland. We've had nobody since Geordie Mulhall maybe allan Johnston.
    Delighted with the transfer ins but, as stated earlier, would have been nice to get rid of some of the dross off the wage bill to help fund Jan signings.

MrRAWhite likes this.

11. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Still unsure about our defence, think it will be a scrap again purely down to this. The rest of the team is coming along we need to get that 1st win and rectify our frankly gash home form sooner rather than later.

12. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Looking at the squad now we've improved from last year, added a bit of pace and we've got a lot better attacking options now, we're certainly going to be a lot less dull to watch. To be honest I think most teams have improved from last year on paper so I'm still expecting us to be scrapping to stay up at the end of the season but our signings from the last week have given us a decent chance of staying up.

It would have been nice to shift more deadwood and personally I'd have liked a target man to replace fletcher and graham but I'm very happy with the look of our attack now so overall I'm happy with the transfers we've made

13. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

All in all I think a good window. Pleased with what has come in, frustrated as anyone is about what hasn't said bye bye.

I don't think we'll be last on MOTD much. Lots of 4-3's, 3-3's and 3-2's............

Proper football. Let's keep O'Shea sober. Don't want Father Jack out of "Father Ted" at the center of defence.

x

Gil T Azell likes this.
  14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the pace and quality going forward lifts the atmosphere at the SOL, that could be worth a load of points to us.

Remember the Reid years with Summerbbee, Johnston, Quinn, Phillips etc, the place was buzzing, and it was because we were entertained, every week. We are looking like we might get a bit of that back at long last.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  15. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with this window - time will tell.
    Do any of you know how many of our lads are on international duty this weekend?

16. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:
    I'm away to Cyprus for a fortnight.......

17. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Mixed emotions. The quality of our attacking signings has been good.

I think Defoe, Lens, Borini and Johnson could all get approx 10 goals each. That's a lot of goals. A few more goals from others and that should be pretty good.

Midfield, we certainly have more options to try different things. The quality has improved.

Defence. This is the poor bit. On reserve full back. I think Kaboul will be good but O'Shea remains in the team.

It was always going to take more than one window to address the massive problems of poor recruiting.
    A step in the right direction. Wether it's enough for us to stop up? I think it will be close. January will be a big window too.

Obviously my biggest disappointment is the fact that the **** that is Stephen Fletcher is still at the club. would have been good to move a few others on too.

Deep breath

bonnybobbypark likes this.
  18. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm happy the only downside for me is Graham Bridcutt and Buckley still at the club the only downside on signings for me is Mathews and Coates

salad fingers likes this.
  19. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm chuffed. Remember, we still have time to offload some of the **** on loan to Championship clubs.

20. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

How long have we got?