1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So far the signings make absolute sense.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Thiago Silva might be the best business we've done in yonks. Great player but equally great driver of his team mates. Put Chillwell on the left side and whoever plays next to Silva should be inspired. Zouma could finally become the player he should be, Christensen might grow a pair, "Loopy" Rudiger might stop the stupidity and concentrate on his skills and power. Or not .Possibly Ethan Ampadu might finally get a chance to show his fantastic potential and outshine them all. And the young man Barr will be next in line. pretty good line up for the forseeable future and the promise of a less chaotic back 3/4 than last season.
    The new attackers are absolutely top notch, no doubt about them, and if we get Kai Havertz, then we are in the best possible place for flair, skill, speed, attack, midfield strength and control for several years, so young and talented are our midfielders. Only the defence is still suspect including the GK. I hope Kepa will take the challenge and with a better defence in front of him, become a more integrated part of stopping goals.
    On the other hand we need to move quite a few players on, Zappacosta, Emerson, Drinkwater, Barkley, Willy, Michy, and loan out Tomori. RLC must be on his last chance, forever the "next big thing" he's now well in his 20s with phenomenal competition for a place. Hope he makes it.
    If we can eradicate the dumb losses and turn some of the 1-1 games into wins, we look well placed to secure top 4 again. I expect to see wildly different results for a couple of months until things settle down. Frank has what he needs, now build a team on a philosophy of play and team spirit.

2. The Ginger Marks

Not too much playing time till we start again, getting everyone to gel might well take a bit of patience for some.

Bristol Blue and Naas Blue like this.
  3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I think getting everyone singing of the same hymn sheet will be the first challenge to over come. We certainly look a much better prospect than last season already and a number of players who have been happily sat on the sidelines will ow be aware they will have to start performing or fight for a place elsewhere.
    As long as we can get the defence to help, we’ll be fine. Not winning the title this season, but good for a trophy.

4. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Happy days for me.Looking forward to great entertainment.When they all gel City and pool will be looking
    nervously over their shoulders.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Havertz is a done deal according to some sources. Was in London today and passed his medical.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

a lot of signings and ones we needed. I just hope thiago silva can sort out our defence because that's been our biggest weakeness last year. Hopefully chilwel is decent enough. He reminds me of a more raw andy robertson so hopefully he can develop as good as him as thats exactly what we need

7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

........I’m wondering when we’ll get a chance to watch this great team that’s in the making. Rumours suggest October at one quarter capacity - that’s just 10,000 for Stamford Bridge. It’ll probably be some kind of lottery to get a ticket.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  8. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

I wonder if this would be a useful exercise in bringing back standing at games.

The atmosphere will be very different as I suspect people will be required to wear masks for the whole game.

9. The Ginger Marks

On a personal note let’s hope we don’t take this kneeling ****e into the new stadium.

Diego likes this.
  10. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Done well so far, still need a keeper though. I’d still try and get Ben Foster for the season...miles better than Kepa and will improve us for the season and we can go all out for one next season. Apart from that I think we’re good to go, just need to get rid of loads of the dross we’ve accumulated over the last few years, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta etc.

11. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

I’m still astounded we paid £40m for bakayoko. He’s literally the worst footballer I’ve ever seen in my life.

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

no the worse is definitely danny drinkwater. At least bakayoko could have been something decent and was young and part of a monaco side where him and fabinho ruled midfield. Danny drinkwater who is not only a plodder was also injured at the time and is pretty old for 40m is the worse transfer i have seen.

Or 70m for kepa who played about 1 season

13. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

All this talk takes me back to.................... Winston Bogarde. shut the fock up pleeeeeeze. Breakdown confirmed.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

He was absolutely dreadful for us, excellent at Monaco pre us, and really good at Milan after us. He just didn't suit our set up, pity because his Monaco style is exactly what we've needed since Franks exit. Drinkwater is a self destruct merchant , his mental attitude and apparent liking for a drink or ten has hindered his development.
    Winston Bogarte ,now there's a dud, only talent he had was to extract his salary from Chelsea for as long as he did.