1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic How Are You Celebrating Brexit Day ?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Bitter & Malicious, Oct 30, 2014.

1. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Oooh, what a surprise;

Fans can't have safe standing areas, but the Premier League and the EFL are about to agree on a 'winter break' for season 2019-20.
    An opportunity for the big Clubs to jet off to exotic parts of the world and coin it in playing exhibition matches, while millions of football fans will have no league games to go to for three weeks.

One small silver lining I suppose will be for the non-league Clubs, who might be able to attract extra supporters to their games in January.

2. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

A heinous crime and a tragic loss, no doubt about it, but wouldn't it be better to channel such precious resources towards investigating (and hopefully solving) the myriad cold cases in this country? The media is such a useful tool, yet it does have a habit of dwelling on the past.

3. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Hopefully a national day of mourning is announced for Sir Dale Winton. Supermarket sweep is one of the best programmes to be shown on tv.

4. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

RIP Dale
    please log in to view this image

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Hats off to Chris Powell.

He ran the London Marathon today in 5 hours 33min <applause>

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Two players who were bit-part players for Arsenal are now showing their worth for clubs who are above Arsenal. Oxlade-Chamberlaine and Geroud are showing how Wenger's managerial abilities are well and truly on the wane.

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Parallels to Robinson with us, and now seeing the difference under Bowyer.

Or is it Bow?!

Smudger603 likes this.
  8. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

It's Bow-Jackson <ok>

Beware of the virus likes this.
  9. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

89956076-ff7a-43be-97dd-12f38b33fa18.jpg

Attached Files:

10. User deleted as requested

Very sad to witness the fate of terminally ill three year old Alfie Evans....but even sadder to see how religious fanatics and the “right to life” weirdos have got their claws into his desperate parents.

Despite the fact that every medical expert has stated that there is no hope for this poor boy, that religious conman the Pope has now offered a helicopter to fly him to the Vatican as if singing hymns and lighting candles will save him. The vile Christian lobby are saying ignore highly qualified experts, our bogus God will save him instead <doh>

More conclusive evidence as if were needed that religion exists to keep the simple minded in their place, and offer them false hope.

11. deleted.....

I hate religion, how many deaths throughout history were a result of religious hate crime? Millions of people kill each other through the feint hope that there will be a life after death.... religion cost me the life of a very good friend ..... after his wife died a Baptist priest told him that "she will be waiting for you on the other side" .... my mate thought "fvck that" why wait to die... and committed suicide ..... this left two boys without a mother and father in quick succession ..... I could of gobbed that stupid religious fanatic!

12. ForestHillBilly

The baying mob who are terrifying staff and patients at Alder Hey hospital actually believe they are righteous and good. A vivid example of what goes wrong when self-righteousness gets out of hand. As far as religion is concerned, each to their own.

13. User deleted as requested

Each to their own if people want to be given false hope....simplistic rituals & soundbites as usual from the old bald bloke in the white frock. Staggering that people still get duped in this day and age. I experienced it at first hand myself in the last 6 months with “we will pray for you”....my response was always curt ....

“Please don’t bother”

DickPlumb likes this.
  14. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

My Mum is a Catholic and goes to Church on average five times a week, every week. It gives her great comfort and the Community are very supportive. I on the other hand hate what the Catholic Church stands for. Anti Birth control, Anti Gay. No women as priests. Etc.The Church are hypocrites, they preach goodness and Love thy neighbour as thyself. Family values.Yet they have allowed Priests to wantonly practice their disgusting preying on young children. They just move that Priest to another Parish. As AllHell has said, the amount of people that have been killed in the name of Religion is appalling.

I was taught by Nuns in Junior School and some of them were really nasty. One of them broke my nose when I was eight years old. She went to hit me around the back of the neck and I turned my head and she ended up hitting me flush on the nose.

Religion, no thanks.

15. User deleted as requested

The parents of Alfie were informed on Monday that when the doctors withdrew the ventilator the poor kid would receive an “artificial boost” for a short while as his lungs fought to work unaided. Sure enough he breathed unaided for 22 hours ....leading the religious frauds to claim a “miracle” and proof that God was working. Nope...exactly what the medical experts predicted would happen DID happen.

Shame on the Pope (presumably an educated man) for intervening in this case.

DickPlumb likes this.
  16. ForestHillBilly

I grew up in the South-west of Scotland, with its connections with Northern Ireland. You learn not to be insulting about anyone's religion. In the pub everyone talks to everyone else, and it makes sense not to risk tramping on someone's sensibilities. We all have them. The flag of St George might be someone else's. He was beheaded for refusing to renounce his Christianity, ironically.
    The howling mob at the hospital are the dregs of humanity, similar to the ghastly pro-life demonstrators who persecute unfortunate women attending abortion clinics. I've seen at first hand the dedication of paediatric staff when FHB jnr was seriously ill for 3 weeks after birth. In fact Dr Garvie, the head at Lewisham Hospital came in on Christmas Day even though it was her day off. The staff at Alder Hey will be there doing their wonderful work long after the mob has gone to make someone else's life a misery.

17. deleted.....

The Hospitals in Italy and Germany that have offered to take Alfie are just offering to put him back on life support... it seems that all doctors agree that he will never recover... yet there are children in Africa dying needlessly through lack of water and food?

18. ForestHillBilly

I've no idea what their motives are. I was listening to an interview with one of Alfie's legal team this morning. It was shockin, juss shockin the emotive way he tried to describe the staff at Alder Hay as "Wanting to end the baby's life", whereas he wanted to take Alfie to people who "wanted to improve his quality of life". These well-meaning people are making the situation worse for everyone.

19. User deleted as requested

I heard that same interview ...I don’t believe it has anything to do with improving Alfie’s quality of life for these fanatics, as medical experts have testified that Alfie will inevitably suffer. The parents are undoubtedly good people and as parents are doing what any parent would do in fighting their child’s corner...what is horrible is seeing the way “the Church” has hijacked this case with their usual hocus -pocus.

Unfortunately lighting incense candles & praying wont save this boys life and neither will the benevolence of a “superior being” because hey...guess what....there isn’t one :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. ForestHillBilly

Until someone proves to me that there is or isn't one I remain a staunch agnostic. Each to their own.

Beware of the virus likes this.