1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Smaller Pitch - 0.01 Per Cent Edge - Not Settle for a 10th Place.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 1, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Lee Johnson has Ashton Gate pitch narrowed for new Bristol City Season
    Devil is in the detail for the head coach and management staff

We
    are working up to that first game against Barnsley on Saturday by training on the pitch at Ashton Gate this week.
    LJ gave some insight into the preparations for the first game of the Championship season in an interview with Geoff Twentyman on Monday night.
    As well as speaking about the Robins' home pitch, Johnson also gave an update on transfers and spoke out against Harry Redknapp.

"I had a little trial on Friday night," explained Johnson.
    "I spoke to the players and we talked about the playing style and the philosophy, and the formation, more importantly. And what was required from who.
    "And we toyed with it. We are going to put in our pitch dimensions in as of today [Monday] and it will be changed very slightly. Not too much but it will be brought it in a touch - a yard or so either side."
    "And we feel that will give us a 0.01 per cent edge given the way we want to play," he said.

Johnson also explained that once the dimensions for the pitch have been submitted then you can't change them during the season.
    The 36-year-old former Barnsley and Oldham manager refused to pick out a league winner but did pick out a couple of teams that the Robins hope to emulate.
    "Our aim is to do similar to the likes of Huddersfield, and Fulham and Reading that managed to grow and three or four good players can make a difference and a drastic change to any side."

"We've got some young players now that have been in those environments, that have felt the pressure and come through that pressure.
    "We believe that we've got some improvement to come from within our squad," said Johnson.

Johnson also relieved that he was optimistic ahead of the new season and would not settle for a 10th place finish.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-ashton-gate-pitch-263527

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Christ 10th I would snap your hand off for that.
    LJ says he would not be happy with that.I would be over the moon with that.

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

What was said about Harry?.. is he after the tea lady's cat?

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I'd be more than happy with 10th but if LJ feels we can do better, I won't beat him down. Go HAM Lee!

5. maga1810

maga1810 Member

To be fair he did not say he would be unhappy with 10th. He gave the answer he had to give before a ball is kicked, try to win every game and finish as high as possible. In a no win situation with that question - if he said happy with 10th he is saying there are games he expects / plans to lose. If he says he will not settle then he is over optimistic. I am sure if we finished 10th LJ would say it was a good season as we all would