1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sleeve Sponsors

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Sep 8, 2017.

1. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Taken them long enough...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/busi...ndian-company-mrf-13590085?service=responsive

Newcastle United have signed their first commercial link in India after naming tyre company Madras Rubber Factory (MRF) as the club’s new shirt sleeve sponsor for the 2017/18 season.

The company is the largest manufacturer of tyres in India and has more than 15,000 employees. As well as tyres, it also makes treads, tubes and conveyor belts, plus toys and paint.

The link-up - which follows a shirt sponsorship deal with Chinese betting firm fun88 - shows the growing appeal of Premier League football as a global phenomenon. Coverage of the league on Indian TV channel Star Sports reaches more than 75m homes in the country.

MRF’s logo will now feature on the left sleeve of United’s home, away, third and goalkeeper kits, appearing for the first time in Sunday’s away trip to Swansea City.

Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley said: “I am delighted to welcome MRF as the club’s first shirt sleeve partner. MRF is a hugely respected global brand and a market leader in a territory where a passion for football is continuing to grow.

“The partnership is a great fit for Newcastle United and we look forward to building our relationship and assisting MRF in growth both domestically and internationally.”

Koshy K Varghese, MRF’s executive vice-president of marketing, said: “We are thrilled to join Newcastle United at an important time in the club’s history.

“To be the club’s first shirt sleeve partner in its 125th anniversary year is a huge honour and we’re proud to be part of a one-club city. We are extremely excited for the Premier League season ahead.”

MRF already sponsors a number of cricketers, with endorsements with Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, as well as previously sponsoring Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara.

2. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Typical of Penfold to settle for a weaker sponsor in Madras. He should have gone all out to get Phal Rubber Company on the sleeve.
    The man's not fit for purpose.

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Incredibly handy that, a week after the end of the transfer window. Goes back to an argument I had on another thread about using extra income for transfers. That was a loan player's wages at the least.

4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

"The company is the largest manufacturer of tyres in India and has more than 15,000 employees. As well as tyres, it also makes treads, tubes and conveyor belts, plus toys and paint."

Don't tell ACS our new sponsors produce rubber goods and 'toys', he'll get all excited about us partnering with a sex shop manufacturer.

Flash likes this.
  5. RobEllious

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Anyone else find it odd that we are announcing this part way through the season?

Can Charnley not get ANY deal done quickly?

RobEllious likes this.
  8. RobEllious

At least 9 clubs had this sorted before the end of the window. Amazing that after all that summer, and doing the square root of **** all on transfers for the last few weeks of the window, we still had to wait until the window shut to sign a deal

9. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I would love to know how much it is for per year!

10. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess £1m or less, but I haven't heard any numbers suggested anywhere. Fun88 are meant to be paying between £6.5 and £8m per year depending on who you believe.

11. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Classic example of donkeys running the club. Other clubs with competent staff can close deals quickly. Us? Takes us months.

12. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

Fecking hell. Sleeve sponsors.

I thought I had the seen the last of this **** when I was watching Norwegian first division football.

13. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

Gina millar is going to appeal it as Brexit hasn't been sorted and we can't do deals with india