1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sissoko's post Euros statement

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by GeordieHalfbreed, Jul 11, 2016.

1. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

My approximate translation:

Dear All,

The Euros finished last night. Unfortunately it didn’t end the way we’d hoped, as you all had hoped. We all felt the incredible support and magic of Frenchmen and Women. How could we not take the time to thank you all.

I would also like to thank the people of Aulnay for their unfailing support. Aulnay-sous-Bois marks the start of my story; it’s there that it all began and I will never forget it! My affection for and memories of MY town will be with me forever. I will never forget your faces, you will always be in my heart.

To my mother, my father my sisters and my nephew. They are my inner circle, my protection, my happiness, my loyalty, the circle of my love. Their indestructible support makes me happy and calm. I love you all.

To my son whom I love beyond measure, Kais. He is the source of my strength, my motivation and my energy. His affection, kindness and love are the driving forces of my life. One day he will be a man. But today, and tomorrow, he will always be my baby boy.

To my teachers, my trainers from Aulnay, to Red Star via Toulouse and Newcastle. You have taught me football, respect, discipline and love of the game. You are all in my thoughts.

To my agent, my confidant, my Uncle Bakari. Always there for me since I was little. His energy and his benevolence complete me. Thanks to him and his associate Seran Diabate for being at my side.

To my club, Newcastle who have allowed me to improve and discover the English Championship [sic]. To their extraordinary fans who have always supported me. I thank them all.

Finally, to those Frenchmen and Women who have allowed me to live this beautiful dream. Their faces, their smiles, their encouragement, their kindness will always be engraved on my memory. Your messages that you have taken the time to send me here, over social media, touched me. We are always grateful as they are the streams from which the rivers of our victories flow. The word thank you is not enough to tell you how you have brought us happiness and emotion. Thanks to all!

We have not won the title, but I hope that our team has won your trust and your hearts. That would be our greatest victory of Euro 2016.

Moussa Sissoko.

2. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I take two things from this:

1) He might be being sarcastic when thanking us for introducing him to the Championship. Or he could just mean the league in general.

2) If his son Kais is the source of his motivation and energy, he can't be a very good son.

3. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Hmmm come and get me please,covered more of the pitch last night than he did for us all season,just saying.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

If Colo can win a few back with a letter, I wonder what I might do...

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

You need to sort your signature out... takes up half my screen and i'm expecting there to be more post underneath due to the amount of blank space <grr>

6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

****ing hell he'd make a great call centre advisor

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh> So true - honestly if we don't sell him now we will regret for years to come a la Dyer. His stock will never be higher.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

You can go Sissoko....once we get £35 million. You aren't leaving for a penny less.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ngered-Newcastle-slap-35m-price-tag-star.html

Someones not happy <laugh>

I tell you what fella you hand in a transfer request and we'll knock 7m off the price tag. You know the 20% odd you and your agent will be looking to take in by not having asked for a transfer. Until he hands in an official transfer request I wouldn't lift a finger. The manager wants to keep him, so if he doesn't want to stay he should do it the proper way.

Will he want to give up all that money so he can pursue his dream of continued professional development...

We are holding a lot of cards here. He ain't gonna sit out 3 years left in his contract, it would be his best years gone. People will say we won't an unhappy player etc, what does it matter. He'll get sick first. This is a good time for the club to bear its teeth and actually set a benchmark for anyone coming to the club in the future. That way we'll know they want to be here if they sign.

I have to say though anything over 15m and I'd struggle to actually not cave in <laugh> He isn't worth anywhere near that.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  10. Blacker-than-Knight

All sorts of rumours, Liverpool supposed to have made an initial offer of £18 million but may be under pressure from Man Utd as Pogba deal may be off the cards and Jose might be interested in Sissoko as a back up to the Pogba deal if it does go south, the more the merrier in reality for us as it will push the price up, maybe not £35 million but over £20 million would be a very good deal.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.

11. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

If we are looking at what he is worth based on actual performances we would be lucky to get over £10M never mind £20M. Fortunately, however, thanks to some big television games, being the ones he tends to turn up for, we should be able to push it over the £20M figure.

I will be well pleased when he goes. I trust Rafa but I also trust my own eye sight.

12. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Price will be around £20m unless there is a bidding war between some large clubs. If from the continent then it could be higher due to the weak pound I guess.

13. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

We should have said £20 million and he would be gone.

I want the lazy **** gone. He clearly has talent but not the heart and dedication.

We need rid of him. I am sick of watching his forrest gump runs up the line to no end product and then him pushing his frog chest out like a gimp!

14. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I'd sell the twat for £5000 with someone handing Charnley £4999.99 in 1p coins then the final coin being added is a cent!

Both are worthless twats!

15. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I disagree slightly because players values are ridiculous now I mean look at what we're paying for championship players

16. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

The sooner the prick is out of the door the better. He's a major disruptive influence.

17. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

£40+ million for him and Gini? Get the deal done, I say. Both have the physique of greek god, but bollocks of a mouse and the heart of a flea.( can someone draw that animal please) Playing hardball over the fee is normal but we do not a situation where they both end up staying. Both have gone gone beyond redemption with the majority of the fans I think. Their performances for most of the season were atrocious at best. I want them both gone ASAP.