1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silva gone

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Nascotwoodfrog, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Nascotwoodfrog

Nascotwoodfrog Active Member

Well, well, well

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  2. Nascotwoodfrog

Nascotwoodfrog Active Member

3. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Does "looking to make a swift appointment" mean that they have already someone lined up? Especially as we're in the transfer window.

4. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Silva's behaviour during Everton's period of interest was selfish and weird. Undoubtedly the players were as unimpressed with him as much as most of us.

I would think it has come to a head over the boards reluctance to spend a very large sum on Slimani knowing that Silva's tenure was unstable to say the least.

Nascotwoodfrog likes this.
  5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well he didn't really want to be here and had a few pops at the board - mind you the Pozzos probably look a bit silly not taking the money when Everton came now.

Suspect there is more to this than a few iffy results.

Nascotwoodfrog likes this.
  6. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

The first home match for the new head coach will be against Chelsea!

7. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

"Had it not been for the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival for his services we would have continued to prosper under Silva's leadership.
    "The catalyst for this decision is that unwarranted approach, something which the board believes has seen a significant deterioration in both focus and results to the point where the long-term future of Watford has been jeopardised."

mmmmm...

As many fans had said......

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Not impressed by making Everton the scapegoat here. Even without their approach Silva has proved himself as too stubborn - trying to make players fit to his system, and his man management skills are crap. He has done himself no favours here in that it is unlikely that another English club will now come in for him - relegation and sacking in 2 consecutive seasons doesn't look good on his CV. So, now the saga goes on, what is coming up next ? Another rookie who will be making his debut in English football ? We are now paying the costs of lack of continuity at the club - changing managers (and players) every year doesn't work - any one of our previous managers would have benefited from a 'second chance' and would have been better for it.

Markthehorn and Deleted....... like this.
  9. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

For anyone on Twitter, have a look at the hate posts on this...

hate.JPG

10. yorkshirehornet

Will we go for a stopgap keep us up coach??? Who knows the Prem? Or trust that we will revitalise and get another overseas one??/

I also wonder what is it that we go through so many coaches??? The Pozzo regime must be very authoritarian.....You cant always blame the coach..... Mind you I am not choosing to ignore Silva's part....

11. yorkshirehornet

Mark Hughes starting bookies favourite

12. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I REALLY hope not!!!

brian_66_usa likes this.
  13. yorkshirehornet

Well what do bookies know?!!

14. All the usual suspects. Rainieri, pellegrini, bilic, mancini etc. Luther on telly now saying they were right to sack him.

15. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The Pozzo's are as stubborn as Silva is Yorkie. They think that what has worked as a system up to now will always work. I notice that at Granada they had mostly Spanish managers (albeit with regular changes) so do they have such a low regard for English football that they have a different policy for us ? We cannot live from cast offs from the Serie A and La Liga - or from players who have never played outside of South America. The fact is that Udinese themselves would not survive in the Premiership - Italian football has become outdated, predictable and slow, and has only been kept above water by a few dinosaurs in the national team - it is not an adequate preparation ground for the premiership. What we have needed is a good manager with premiership experience who can build his own team, and the time to do it - all the Pozzo's need to do is provide the economic security in the background. Not really so hard is it ? Where would we be now if SD. had been given that time - or the Joka, for that matter. Had Quique Flores stayed we would also have 'moved on' - but this constant changing is destroying our club.

16. Xavi Grazia - former Rubin Kazan coach now being mentioned. Be still my beating heart...

17. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Well that will not happen, have been thinking for month or so we were heading for the Championship on our form so whoever we appoint has a huge task on his hands. Seeing it has given massive ammunition to those that love to have a pop at little old Watford FC.

18. andytoprankin

I don’t agree, cologne. The Pozzos have rebuilt the ground, extended that, taken us into the Premiership, and we seem moderately, and OK, just moderately, safe here - well as safe as anyone in the bottom half.

Silva was unsettled by the Everton tapping up. His responses at the time could've been more professional, and I think he lost the respect of the players as a result. I don’t welcome another managerial change (especially if it’s that clueless turd Hughes) but it was probably inevitable. Silva clearly wasn’t winning back the hearts and minds of the players.

brian_66_usa and Deleted....... like this.
  19. andytoprankin

I think Mr Sweet from the Football Association can answer for me.

20. Let's just hope nobody puts a bid in for Troy. If they do he might decide to walk - and then we are screwed.

andytoprankin likes this.