1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silence is golden

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Sep 18, 2017.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Before Saturday the forum was quite busy, does no one realise we won!
    where are all the people who were calling for Ade's head, ok. I know it's only one game, but,
    Ade is the first manager to beat Charlton in the league for 88 years, we have now got two clean sheets from 8 games, we have only lost the same number of games as Rotherham who are in 9th place.

Only small shoots of hope but from tiny acorns and all that.

2. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

We do not have the vocabulary to deal with success Grumps. It's all gone rusty mate over the years.

3. brb

brb CR250

Just heard AP has been issued with his WD40

grumpygit likes this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Nobby Solano's barmy army <cheers>

brb and grumpygit like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Sad face of social media i'm afraid grumpygit. The forum or our board always gets busy when things are going wrong, stuff to moan about, then a silence befalls it when we suddenly get a result that goes against the grain of those that bemoaned it.

It was interesting when I did the thread that gave AP four games until the 30th September, it was instantly thought i was being negative, but actually it couldn't have been further from the truth. That weekend most Gills fans wanted AP to go, I was actually being generous in suggesting consistency and fairness of actions.

My exact words were; 'I believe in consistency and fairness, the task is set to achieve MORE than six points out of those four games, so i expect two wins and one draw, if not then i expect AP to be SACKED!'

Well AP has served his first shot by gaining three points in a game most did not expect us to win, if he gets that total one more time in the remaining three games I will happily climb back in my Martin, Cody box before i create myself another Hereford disaster.

I tend to find one of the problems with social media is that people want to read what they want to read, meaning anything that resembles some form of negativity, without reading what is actually said!

I find it quite often across social media and people will throw something at me that I never actually said, my response being quote me where i actually said that.

In truth I'm not sure what to make of AP, let's look at some positives...Tomas Holy, AP was virtually getting lynched over his selection and yet now it appears Holy has been our saviour on more than one occasion;

please log in to view this image

I've not been to a Gills game yet this season for reasons I'm not discussing on here but I still have followed our fortunes in depth all the way, hopefully by the time I get to my next game the Gills will have turned a corner with AP and then I'll get my glory hunting hat on and cheer a man most had down to leave. Either that or I'm talking complete nobby.

HOLY SMOKING! ;)

alwaysright likes this.