1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sign my mate on loan

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Redbrynner, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Liverpool fan in peace.

Sorry about the result today.

Anyway on a different note, my favorite young player is Dani Pacheco, the lad is a legend in my eyes and he is just not getting the opportunities at Pool.

I want him to get some game time at a club I like and he already has a good relationship with you boys.

The lads is one of the stand out performers in our unbeaten u21 side and can create from midfield, as a wide player or behind someone like Holt.

Get him on Loan and let him help keep you up.

Everyones a winner.

Holt with Hoolahan and Pacheco behind and youll be in the Prem next year for sure.

Do it!

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Think Norwich could sign me on loan and not do a lot worse than today...

3. ChrisAcle08

ChrisAcle08 Active Member

He certainly impressed when he came to us on loan.

One of the problems we have at the moment is there is no quality backup who can come on to change a game.

I fear that Hughton will feel we cannot accomodate another short player and therefore Pacheco will not feature in his plans!

4. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Think thats one of his problems with us.

We have quite a wealth of skillful shorties

5. oh huckerby

oh huckerby Member

I wouldnt mind him bk he was great with us back in championship season

6. stilljaroldcanary

stilljaroldcanary Well-Known Member

Loved him in the CCC but why has he never broken through?

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I think we all love Dani as much as he loves us! Terrific attitude, always gives 100%, trouble is, I don't think he's any better than what we have! <ok>

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In our current formation, we've got Hoolahan, Howson, Butterfield and perhaps Bennett capable of playing the CAM role. Butterfield hasn't had a look in (or chance depending on how you look at it), and Bennett we've only seen there once in the cup this season. Whilst I'm all for competition, I think Butterfield is being viewed as the successor to Hoolahan, so if Pacheco was to sign (assuming he hasn't improved dramatically since we last had him), I can't see him being more than a squad player.

OP, how effective is he wide left (and to a lesser extent), wide right? We still need genuine competition for Pilks, whether Dani is the one to provide it I don't know.

9. #BigHairyWinger

Isn't it weird that Hoolahans heir apparent has changed from Howson to Butterfield without us really seeing either play this season? I'm not saying I disagree, its just that last year Howson was THE FUTURE and some people even said he was our best player. Don't see what Butterfield has done to change that.

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think it's so much a case of what Butterfield's done, it's what Howson hasn't done. Of what I've seen of him this year, he's nothing like the player he was 12 months ago. Whether that's due to the formation, confidence, form, I don't know, but he's just not firing on all cylinders. If I could be bothered to look it up, I'm pretty sure we had people on this forum about March last year saying Howson was going to captain England in the future, I can't say too many people have been pushing that view recently! They're both young though (24 and 22), so there's plenty of time for them both to develop.

11. #BigHairyWinger

To be fair he does look a bit similar to (then-England-captain) Scott Parker!

12. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Barcelona seem to be able to cope with having a number of small, skillful players in the middle of the park (tongue firmly in cheek!).

I liked Dani but I agree with the other posters that he is not better than what we have. I still think that Howson will have a great future but he, like any other player, needs a run of games to get him match sharp and on top form. I have no opinion of Butterfield as I haven't seen him play but if he is touted as being better than Howson he must be pretty decent.

13. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Howson is not and never will be a straight swap for Hoolahan. They have totally different playing styles. Bennet has the skill but not the confidence or nous. I haven't seen Butterfield so I can't comment but I would think that he is not another Wes.
    I think poor old Pacheco has suffered from too many managers and changes to the two clubs he has played for and might end up a wasted talent. Maybe the lad just needs a lot of games to prove himself.