1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

sick to death of all talk no action players

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by DirtyFrank, Dec 2, 2013.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Yet another player talking about training hard and about ambition. After THAT performance Raheem. Maybe you should just apologise and shut up.

And sorry, it seems just a little too easy to not "focus on the negatives" little boy. BIG Difference between not focussing on them and learning from them.

Fed up with our players talking better than they play.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/150252-raheem-back-to-back-response-needed

2. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Yeah we talk a good game, not just Sterling but everyone

They do have too to a certain extent obv but now is the time for players to work out how they're going to change their attitude for Wed and play with some aggression and pride

Sterling and Moses got a few bollockings off Suarez and at first it annoyed me but as the game went on I was glad

Suarez did no better himself, passing + touch terrible but no player moaned at him

3. DirtyFrank

Don't get me wrong DR, I know they have to do press and they're hardly likely to come out and say "we're crap and will win nothing". It just always seems to coincide with a pathetic individual or team display.

Take the content and timing of this piece.

One of our worst performers on the pitch, to basically say, we're not going to focus on how bad we were and I'll work hard in training.

Sorry R, but you need to address the negatives to make sure you don't repeat them. And work hard in training? Bare minimum but I'd rather you worked hard in the actual match! Just reminded me too much of Downing.....talk talk talk.....then nothing.

4. Jürgenmeiʃter

Yeah I agree with you. Sterling is still young obv but he did nothing yesterday, he needs to work on his game

I didnt get carried away when he 'burst' onto the scene and although he is young, he isnt playing as well as we know he can and hasnt for a while now

5. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

To me that performance was down to 1 man - Brendan Rodgers. It was clear almost from the kick-off that the players only had the vaguest idea about how they were supposed to play. It was as though the plan they had went out of the window with Sturridge on Friday and they didn't have a Plan B. Nobody on that pitch in a Liverpool shirt comes out of that with any pride - except perhaps Coutinho.

This is only the second comment that I've made since the match so I suppose who was worse and why has been gone through already so I'll spare everybody my opinion. But I agree with the comments above, it's no use working harder on the training ground it has to be putting the effort in on the pitch and actually THINKING about what you are doing!!

6. Jürgenmeiʃter

I dont think he is to blame

Did we play a new system? no

We were missing one player

Moses for all his talk last week and the carrot was dangled for him to take his chance, he was awful. Summed it up for me when Flannigan was running down the left and Moses was almost fast walking and not busting a gut to help

Come on Dave, we're talking professional footballers here, Rodgers can do so much so when they're out on the field the minimum they have to show is passion

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree it was poor from most of our players there was no drive no ambition. On a positive note this is probably the first game that I've seen where we played like that and I hope it's a one off. We haven't played well in a few games but we have been positive and attack minded throughout matches.

8. Jürgenmeiʃter

Yeah we have but now a vital piece is missing in our attack obv with Sturridge out

Also our defence, we have conceded 6 in two ****ing games now <doh>

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

As long as we get back to playing attack minded pressing footy we'll win more than we lose. There are concerns but I'm not going to overeact yet, we're 4th and there's nothing in it up to 2nd.

There's now a lot of pressure to win the next 2 games.

10. Jürgenmeiʃter

Definitely, they're two we need to be winning though if we have aspirations to be at the top as we keep hearing our club say

If a player cant cope with the pressure of playing for us then they need to go to pastures new

11. DirtyFrank

The Norwich game will show Dave. While I'm arguing with Tobes on the match thread about BR's comments regarding squad depth it's only because he's coming from the wrong angle.

What has a lack of squad depth got to do with attitude? So we had no Sturridge. If we'd come out of yesterday playing a blinder just not scoring then you can say it was down to the absence of Sturridge.

But does a missing sturridge honestly take the confidence out of two young guns getting their chance to shine? (Especially after Moses comments , I'd forgotten about that DR!)

Does a missing sturridge mean our midfield (same midfield 3 as always ) can't pass or chase the ball without posession?

Does it make Johnson lazy or even more wasteful, or Suarez look like he can't be arsed?

Does it effect the communication skills of two very experienced premier league CB's?

No, while I'm getting pissed off with Rogers tinkering it's not what lost us the game yesterday. It was players who yet again start believing their own soundbites and thought just turning up against Hull was enough. It's never enough no matter who the opposition are.

My question to BR is this. For a man who says he only wants players with fight and heart is he sure he knows how to spot one because I didn't see any yesterday.

12. Foredeckdave

The problem is that we are talking about pampered professional footballers and Rodgers is the puppet-master. Within 5 minutes it was clear that Suarez did not know if he was supposed to be the striker or the creator or both. Add to that the fact that his passing was useless and his dribbling inept. Henderson ran around like a headless chicken. You have already dissected both Moses and Sterling. Gerrard got sucked further forward and spent the game watching balls fly over his head! Johnson got stuck on the halfway and was uselessly stuck betwixed and between. No width. No pace. No clue!

Now if I can see that in the first quarter then Rodgers can as well. To leave the situation as it was until the hour mark was criminal. It's not even as though he changed the shape to help them cope better. We started badly and slowly got worse. Now Rodgers is the man we employ to see that happening and change either personnel or tactics to overcome the problem. It is his responsibility.

That doesn't change the fact that the players need a good kick up the arse!

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Spot on frank, if they lack the pride and passion to play for the badge do as Shankly would and get rid, and there should be a ban on talking to the press ala Ferguson especially for the likes of Sterling.

If his car ever breaks down in Page Moss again I'll be out with my baseball bat and twat him.<grr>

14. DirtyFrank

All valid points Dave. It's his job to prep them, pick them and as you say manage the situation as it goes on. By the players performances he appears to failed to do the first two and we all saw he didn't do the third. As manager he takes the blame at least equally with the players.

The problem is he's right on one point. Most of that team deserves to be dropped but most will play on Wednesday because we have no one else.

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the team sheet before the game and I was already expecting the worse.

There was a complete lack of balance and cohesion.

There was no link between midfield and defence - where was Lucas and Gerrard wanting to pick the ball up? The defenders spent most of the game passing to one another.

There was no link up between attack and midfield - without Coutinho, we lack guile and creativity.

Defence and Attack were both left isolated - attack were shocking when they did get the ball but there was no support whatsoever.

16. Foredeckdave

I'm not arguing about the players. We are all in agreement that their performance was just not good enough for any team wearing a Liverpool shirt - end of.

17. Jimmy Squarefoot

Quite scary how no player wanted to stand up and be counted yesterday. Stems from the lack of leadership/experience throughout the team.

Heads dropped too quickly.

18. DirtyFrank

Which is a disgrace considering you have seasoned Pro's like Gerrard, Toure, Skirts, Johnson and Suarez throughout that team. It appears their ability to talk only comes to them when the LFC website is with them.

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

It wasn't his best but I loved watching Coutinho - always wants the balls, always on the move, looks positive. This is the type of player Rodgers was referring to when he said he wanted more courageous players in this team.

So many times when our players look for the easy pass. Afraid to pass it to someone who is surrounded. Then again, between Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson - they struggle in tight spaces.

20. Breakingbad14

Breakingbad14 Active Member

All this discussion seems to lead to the inevitable conclusion that you need a few reinforcements to challenge for the title or even top 4.

Reminds me of the flak SAF received from you lot when he said you were about 7-8 players from a title winning side..you all (or most) seem to agree with him now..<whistle>