1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury v Walsall

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Town head to Walsall today. Walsall are usually placed higher up the table than us and roles are reversed today with them in 16th place having lost four of their games so far. They are a bit of a bogey team for us as we haven't won there since '93! This might not be helped by Hurst winning manager of the month.

Town have a nearly full squad selection to choose from with Henderson being the key player that is off on international duties. On Walsall's side however they have Tyler Roberts off on internationals and some other players injured.

Walsall have had a poor defensive record this season and have suffered the penalty plague similar to us last season, conceding 7 pens so far.

Town are taking 1500+ fans today which is a great away following considering that last year was only 550 odd. Hopefully town come away from this game with their run continuing.

Floreat Salopia

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news...-for-walsall-vs-shrewsbury-town-on-07-oct-17/
    http://www.skysports.com/football/walsall-vs-shrewsbury/375314

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I am not surprised Walsall are unbeaten at home as they looked sharp going forward. This was a real thriller but of course overshadowed by the penalty fiasco. I cannot remember a case where an official (the linesman) has flagged for a penalty but been unable to identify the player when he was pretty much isolated from his team-mates. We had our best spell after that and should have put it to bed then. The second half was more even and I thought our midfield trio of Ogogo, Godfrey and Nolan was outstanding. Sadler was very composed at the back and Bolton has really improved from the start of the season. I thought our keeper had a good game - he could not do much about their goal and made a good save at the end- so we know we have a good back-up if Henderson gets injured or loses form. At the end it could have gone either way but we will go into mid-October as the only unbeaten team in the EFL and two points clear at the top and I feel that promotion is a real possibility with this side because we have so many young players who are improving.