1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury v Barnsley

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Typical, can't make a game and they go and win in a decent way!

Asked went for a new formation and dropped Sadler which shocked many on Twitter. Thankfully a goal from Docherty in 2 mins helped town start the game well and knocked the wind out of barnsley.

A sscond was surely enough but 4 mins into second half they got one back. Thankfully Waterfall came up with a third goal to help seal the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45871936

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

sorry you missed the game after a wobbly first 5 minutes we played play well against Sunderland , against Barnsley we hit the ground running, Askey deserved credit for trying a more attacking formation, the two other times i have seen town play 3/5/2 was against Burton reserves and tranmere in the tin pot and we just a lot more balanced.
    Angol plays better off another forward and i hope Ferjiri gets more game time with him , Docherty made such a difference in the hole pushing forward at every opportunity , his corners have real pace and when Whalley comes back they should take turns with corners.
    , the two wing backs gave town some real momentum, Grant nullified so many threats and whilst i am not a fan of Waterfall this was probably his best game.
    Coleman commanded his box and looked to release the ball quickly , his distribution continues to be inconsistent , he made one outstanding save, Haynes goal line clearance saved his bacon . two mistakes a dreadful punch right into the box fortunately a defender got there first, the goal came from his error failed to deal with a shoot fumbled the ball and there forward pounced . three good goals for town
    the one thing this formation the wing backs and defenders have to be really switched on as they can get turned with a diaganole ball or a chip over the defence and this is were grant really excelled.
    there coaching staff lost the plot somone got a red card and a yellow card was also shown

i dont think anyone expected this performance or the result we now have to build on it

Matster likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

the stats for shoots on target are much better at 60%

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is where the league gets to be the right way up at last...................big boys better watch out now.

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully we can move on to Saturday and get another decent result. I'll guess we might well see 352 again on Saturday, unless Asked thinks it might weaken us. However if he does change the system and we lose those moaners will be moaning again.

Zenfootball2 likes this.