1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shrewsbury are pissed

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Nov 16, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Who would want to be Paul Hurst right now? Interesting story, apparently he cleared his office before the Play Off final. Signs of the arrogance he showed with some of his decision making at Town.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34872/

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

He's an absolute bellend. Makes me like Keane and that's saying something.

3. Westlake33

The reason I was going on / on and on about wanting Hurst out is I've been told a bucket tonne of things he was doing behind the scenes - the players absolutely despised him.

I'm sooooo happy the poison has left and we've at least got a chance of staying up now.

One thing he did was divide the food and drink options - youth team players before could help themselves to various food. Hurst devised a £20 fine per item youth team players took from an area they could eat before and were no longer allowed to eat.

Cheerio Hurst you nob.

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

As soon as he said " I'm a Yorkshireman " I thought oh Christ here we go again, yet another idiot using geography as an excuse to be a rude, arrogant, won't be told, twat, recollections of Monty Python came to mind.

Spanish and Alhare like this.
  5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

That was my first impression of Yorkshire people but having lived here a while now, on the inside it's a friendly confidence and no nonsense way of doing things.

Going behind people's backs is atypical and maybe you can get away with that if you're Sam Allardyce with his record but he's been really foolish to behave in that way.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I know one of the youth coaches pretty well and I can tell you that this didn't happen, or if it did nobody complained to the youth coaches.

They had a lot of time for Hurst and his approach to player development.

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's nowhere near as good a story though?

8. Westlake33

Absolute rubbish. It certainly did happen, the guy is a melt.

I have quite a few decent contacts but not going to reveal on here who etc - Hurst and in particular Doig were not well liked.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I know that Graham didn't like it and it's hardly surprising as he was a waste of space. Same thing always happens - the ones who moan about these sorts of things and exaggerate a story are the poisonous ones who usually don't cut the mustard. Think about it. If you're really a team player, loyal to the club and have the best interests of the club at heart, you don't go bitching about things to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

10. Westlake33

You mean like Hurst skating players to the press like the nobhead he is, agreed, you don’t

However I know for a fact he did the above and many other pathetic things as his reign as “manager”.

Thank god he’s gone anyway and we now have an actual manager.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I would hazard a guess that whoever he mentioned to the press was your mate, and probably deserved it.

Lambert has already been naming names in interviews, by the way and McCarthy did it all the time. Pretty much every manager since the dawn of football has talked about their players to praise, encourage or sometimes stick a rocket up their arses.

Once in a while you get somebody who is amazing at creating a happy football family, like Klopp and Southgate, but it's so rare. You can't even put Fergie, Pep and Mourinho in that category.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  12. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

When Hurst said in an interview " people tell me there's some good players here, but I've not seen that " I thought what a dumbarse, you might think it but you don't say it before the seasons even started.
    Anyone who knows anything about man management knows that slagging individuals or for that matter the entire squad off in public is a dangerous, divisive, tactic or as was stated earlier just bloody rude bordering on ignorance.

San Diego and Westlake33 like this.
  13. Westlake33

Me too mate thought he was an absolute nob pretty much by week 1.

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It’s easy to make any quote sound bad out of context. But regardless, I would still rather a coach who ripped into his players when he was angry than McCarthy’s nonchalance win, lose or draw or the fantasy picture that Lambert painted after his first match.

That said, his behaviour leaving Shrewsbury shows a lack of humility which I’m sure cost him at Town as well as their promotion.

15. Westlake33

Nope, you keep it internal and deal with the players behind closed doors. That’s what you call good management. Players like that.

16. Westlake33

It’s comical that you like Hurst and Keane........ pattern emerging.

17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

This thread about press conferences is really boring Westy, I don't understand why you're so fixated on it. It's such a minuscule factor in the success or failure of Hurst's time at the club. Any footballer who is that bothered by a bit of stick after an abysmal performance and reacts by sulking and not stepping their game up should find another career away from Ipswich Town.

McCarthy was very soft so I'm sure there are characters like that still at the club but over time they will move on.

18. Westlake33

It’s a massive part of how a football club is run.

Nt half as boring as you arguing with every single post on here and belittling everyone at every given opportunity though. Yawn.

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I'd urge you to have a watch of the Damned United Westy. It tells the story of one of the greatest managers in the history of club football absolutely destroying his own players because he's so passionate about the game and it should really put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

20. Westlake33

Will have a look for it sure - however unless you’re Mourinho / Clough etc or a manager of that stature I’d prefer things kept in-house.