1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shrews piss all over the gas 1-0

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Chris-Gashead, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Oh wait......

<laugh>

Once a tin pot, always a tin pot :D Gas are going to march on now and win the league as we all told you we will so settle down, enjoy the ride to the play off finals, and LOSE as usual :)

Cheers for the 3 points bottlers <ok>

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

to those of you shrews fans who have enjoyed the banter on our board like aj, jenny etc, now we have put you in your place.....

please log in to view this image

all the best until the return fixture <ok>

3. uncle grahams barmy army

one fortitous win and youre going to win the league again with your massive-barely-5000 gates and your massive club?! crawley town 4 - 1 gas was a recent result of yours. as was a 2 -2 draw at bradford.

hmmmmmmmm!!!!

4. Chris-Gashead

Yep, 4-1 was a massive off day, even Crawley could see that. 2-2 at Bradford, we were robbed, simples. Beat the Shrews whilst playing badly as well so shows you our luck is turning. Winners of league 2 is what you were playing, no shame in losing to us!

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

back to earth with the shots, don cameroon 's balloon sprang a leak, no buckles extra large squad was top heavy

6. Chris-Gashead

Easy pickings for the gas coming up. We could be above the shrews next week when we win and you lose :)

7. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Poor old AJ

please log in to view this image

8. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

wow! don't you lot get excited over 1-0 win, i don't think on that performance you will be winning any league!!

9. Chris-Gashead

Were you there Tinned? The thing is, the gas were mostly garbage yesterday, but we still beat the strongest Strawberry side in years <laugh>

10. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Chris, you posted very quickly after the match. Did you go?

11. Chris-Gashead

Yes as always <ok> I only live about 20 mins drive from the ground

12. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

no i didnt go, but as you said 'your lot was garbage'!!...not the sign of a league winning side eh?.....mind you i suppose you lot are use to it week in week out!<doh>

13. Chris-Gashead

Champions still pick up points when they are playing poorly, like we have all this season so far. Brand spanking new team who play very well in parts but are still learning. With this in mind, 12th, with 3 points from top 3, is not bad really <ok>

14. Chris-Gashead

Oh, and Jenny.....

1-0!! Eat that sucker!!! <laugh>

Lololololololololololololololololol :)

15. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

It's deja vu all over again.

Sept 2010 - Port Vale celebrated winning League 2 after beating Shrewsbury 1-0.
    May 2011 - business end of the season and Port Vale ..... fail

Sept 2011 - Bristol Rovers celebrate winning League 2 after beating Shrewsbury 1-0.
    May 2012 - we'll see, but Gas in first??? No chance.

Whilst I can understand the relief and desire to celebrate a lucky win against a superior team, it's only fair to point out the precedent. See you at the Meadow for the Valentine's Day Massacre, guys.

16. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Fresh from the tent end at your tin pot Memorial ground where the loud speakers don't work in the posh seats (so they said) and they cannot get enough people to man the turnstiles and open on time.

To the match. Your defence won it for you whilst ours was very ordinary. Great blocks including a KO and a brilliant last ditch interception from Bolger. Shrewsbury zipped the ball about nicely particularly in the first half and it was only a great save from Ainsworth by Bevan at the death that denied Shrewsbury the point they deserved.

Wright took loads of abuse and obviously made some mistakes but was better creatively than anything that the Gas threw up. Also when Jacobson went off injured, it was his tracking back and tackling that prevented Rovers adding a second. Again Wroe and McAllister controlled the midfield. Morgan was a much greater threat than Harrold.

Unlucky not to get something out of the game but nothing to be alarmed about. We continue to play neat controlled football on the ground at pace with 3 players perfectly capable of running at defenders and beating them more often than not.

17. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

thanks for my birthday card for saturday ye olde bluegas, hope i am not crying on saturday. good report kds, i understand ainsworth had a blistering shot brilliantly saved by bevan in the 94th minute.

having been blessed with a narrow win over one of the league pacemakers we must hope the gas do not blow up against lessre teams like the shots.

at least the gas have 1 claim to fame they beat the team that beat the arsenal at the emeroids possibly

18. Chris-Gashead

<laugh> we didnt create anything, but Jacobson prevented us from scoring on several occasions? <doh> we have one cleared off the line as well and a few others. Shrews did nothing of note other than pass the ball around the middle and going around in circles. To be honest, based on yesterdays game, neither side will do anything, but then I know the gas can play far better than that as I have seen a couple of times already this season. Yesterday was probably our worst game, but we got the right result. Football is a funny old game <ok>

19. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

I never said that you did not create anything merely that Wright was better creatively than anything you had. If we only passed the ball around in the middle in circles, how come we had more attempts at goal and more than twice as many corners?? Bristol's efforts were mostly from a distance, though. Compared to the last league games we met in (not the play off final) both sides are immeasurably better. Rovers were probably the most boring team in League 2 in 2006-07 and Gary Peters team relied on hoof ball which was useful on the old Gay Meadow pitch.

I am caught between a rock and a hard place here. If I say anything abusive or offensive, I might be asked to be a Bristol Rovers Moderator.

20. Chris-Gashead

Wright had a decent game, in comparison to what he ever did for us, but he was not that good. He got up and down the wings well, but didnt put any good balls into the box and didnt really contribute to the dirty side of the game either. Rovers did well in the end to hold onto the lead, but I must say I dont know how Shrews were ever top...This league wont take much for us to ROMP once we get our team actually playing together <ok>